The moment took place last night at the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards, where both won Moonmen: he took Best Male Video and she nabbed the night’s most coveted, Video of the Year, for “We Found Love.”
The hug didn’t take place on the live broadcast, but was captured by one of MTV.com’s “All Access Live” cameras (Scroll down to watch.) after broadcast cameras cut away from her once she’d accepted her award. She left the stage, and spotted Brown.
Brown made eye contact with Rihanna and she walked over to greet him and they shared a quick embrace, before she hugged Bu Thiam (Akon’s brother), VP of A&R at her label, Def Jam. Rihanna then patted Brown’s bleach-blond head and walked away.
A photo of the hug was immediately uploaded to Instagram and, of course, lit up the blogosphere along with speculation that the two are secretly back together.
Last month, Rihanna sat down with Oprah Winfrey and opened up about her complicated relationship with Brown, saying that he was the “love of my life,” but that they are now working to rekindle their friendship and are still “very close.” She denied, however, that they have become romantic again. “He’s in a relationship of his own. I’m single but we have maintained a very close friendship,” she said. “We’ve just worked on it little-by-little. And it’s not easy.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here