And why do we say that? Well, her beloved Washington Redskins and their new, soon-to-be NFL superstar quarterback Robert Griffin lll, upset Drew Brees and and the New Orleans Saints in the 2012 season opener for both teams.
Robert Griffin III brought his Heisman Trophy swagger to New Orleans and made his NFL debut look like a Big Easy.
Showing a veteran’s composure by scrambling only when necessary, the dynamic Redskins rookie quarterback tormented New Orleans’ defense with 320 yards passing and two touchdowns, and Washington held on for 40-32 victory over the Saints on Sunday.
“I’ve won a high school state championship and a bowl game in college, but to play in the NFL, the pinnacle of it all, and win your first game against a Hall of Famer in Drew Brees, it’s at the top,” Griffin said while cradling the game ball he had just been given. “After the game, (Brees) told me he was proud of me. That’s big for him to say after he just lost the game.”
Read/learn more at Huffington Post.
Watch this Fox Sports game recap:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here