*Robin Roberts is moving on to the next phase of her fight against MDS, myelodysplastic syndrome, a rare blood disorder she received from breast cancer treatment five years ago.
The “Good Morning America” co-host took to Twitter on Monday to share an update to her close to 300k followers.
“My last tweet for a while,” she tweeted. “Heading to [the] hospital… time to focus on healing.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
Roberts will undergo a bone marrow transplant via her sister Sally in the coming days, and recovery may take an extensive amount of time.
“I take each and every one of you with me in my heart. Light and love.”
Just hours before heading to the hospital Roberts’ ABC family gave her a proper party to encourage and lift her spirits during these trying times.
“I have a big day ahead of me… had the best night with friends filing my home with laughter and dance,” she also tweeted.
We wish Robin a safe and speedy recovery. May God Bless her.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here