*Robin Roberts is moving on to the next phase of her fight against MDS, myelodysplastic syndrome, a rare blood disorder she received from breast cancer treatment five years ago.
The “Good Morning America” co-host took to Twitter on Monday to share an update to her close to 300k followers.
“My last tweet for a while,” she tweeted. “Heading to [the] hospital… time to focus on healing.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
Roberts will undergo a bone marrow transplant via her sister Sally in the coming days, and recovery may take an extensive amount of time.
“I take each and every one of you with me in my heart. Light and love.”
Just hours before heading to the hospital Roberts’ ABC family gave her a proper party to encourage and lift her spirits during these trying times.
“I have a big day ahead of me… had the best night with friends filing my home with laughter and dance,” she also tweeted.
We wish Robin a safe and speedy recovery. May God Bless her.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nuisance Abatement Law Seemingly Gives NYPD License to Evict Criminal and Non-Criminal Residents
- Toyota Motor Credit to Pay $21.9 Million for Discrimination
- THE (02-08-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Award Winning Pianist Kris Bowers to Perform at Benefit Concert.
- A Miserable Cam Newton Bolts Out of Press Conference (WATCH)
- After Super Bowl 50 Performance Beyonce Announces 'Formation Tour'
- Denver Broncos Beat Carolina Panthers 24-10 to Win Super Bowl
- PETA Approves Jada Pinkett Smith's Ivory Tusk Decor
- John Legend Goes ‘Underground’ With Activism For Upcoming WGN Series
- Antoine Fuqua to Direct ‘Training Day’ Series for CBS
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here