*Robin Roberts is moving on to the next phase of her fight against MDS, myelodysplastic syndrome, a rare blood disorder she received from breast cancer treatment five years ago.
The “Good Morning America” co-host took to Twitter on Monday to share an update to her close to 300k followers.
“My last tweet for a while,” she tweeted. “Heading to [the] hospital… time to focus on healing.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
Roberts will undergo a bone marrow transplant via her sister Sally in the coming days, and recovery may take an extensive amount of time.
“I take each and every one of you with me in my heart. Light and love.”
Just hours before heading to the hospital Roberts’ ABC family gave her a proper party to encourage and lift her spirits during these trying times.
“I have a big day ahead of me… had the best night with friends filing my home with laughter and dance,” she also tweeted.
We wish Robin a safe and speedy recovery. May God Bless her.
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Nappywood’s 3rd L.A. Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo Attracts Stars
- THE (07-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here