*Robin Roberts is moving on to the next phase of her fight against MDS, myelodysplastic syndrome, a rare blood disorder she received from breast cancer treatment five years ago.
The “Good Morning America” co-host took to Twitter on Monday to share an update to her close to 300k followers.
“My last tweet for a while,” she tweeted. “Heading to [the] hospital… time to focus on healing.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
Roberts will undergo a bone marrow transplant via her sister Sally in the coming days, and recovery may take an extensive amount of time.
“I take each and every one of you with me in my heart. Light and love.”
Just hours before heading to the hospital Roberts’ ABC family gave her a proper party to encourage and lift her spirits during these trying times.
“I have a big day ahead of me… had the best night with friends filing my home with laughter and dance,” she also tweeted.
We wish Robin a safe and speedy recovery. May God Bless her.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Judge Favors Chris Brown in Baby Mama’s Attempt to Restrict Custody
- Derek Fisher, Ex-Wife Agree to Destroy Their Frozen Embryos in Divorce Settlement
- Starz Programming Shift Moves ‘Power’, 'Survivor's Remorse' to Sunday Nights
- Tyler Perry on Singing ‘Play That Funky Music’ With Prince (Watch)
- Jay Z Responds to ‘Lemonade’, Shouts Out Prince On ‘All The Way Up’ Remix
- Dog Hours Away from Euthanasia, Saved By Student Vet's Discovery
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here