*Robin Roberts is moving on to the next phase of her fight against MDS, myelodysplastic syndrome, a rare blood disorder she received from breast cancer treatment five years ago.
The “Good Morning America” co-host took to Twitter on Monday to share an update to her close to 300k followers.
“My last tweet for a while,” she tweeted. “Heading to [the] hospital… time to focus on healing.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
Roberts will undergo a bone marrow transplant via her sister Sally in the coming days, and recovery may take an extensive amount of time.
“I take each and every one of you with me in my heart. Light and love.”
Just hours before heading to the hospital Roberts’ ABC family gave her a proper party to encourage and lift her spirits during these trying times.
“I have a big day ahead of me… had the best night with friends filing my home with laughter and dance,” she also tweeted.
We wish Robin a safe and speedy recovery. May God Bless her.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Meet the Black Businessman Giving Ex-Cons, Veterans, and Homeless Support for Success
- THE (05-03-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here