*Samuel L. Jackson pokes fun at his expletive-spewing movie persona in a new pro-Obama campaign spot that went viral today.
In the video (scroll down to watch) Jackson talks about an American family that was politically active in 2008 but has since fallen into apathy, just like their neighbors.
“They’re warm in their beds, snuggled up in their sheets/But four years before they were out in the streets,” the actor says with disdain.
Except, that is, for Little Susie, the pint-sized activist heroine of this clip, who shoulders the task of getting her family, as Jackson puts it, to “wake the f**k up.” (Though he says it, the actual F-word is bleeped out in the commercial, as is his use of the S-word.)
The spot also makes a literary nod to the recent bestseller, “Go the F–k to Sleep,” written for the exhausted parents of defiantly wakeful children.
In the video, Jackson appears to Little Susie’s slacker brother and listless parents to tell them what’s what about the stakes in this campaign season.
“We’re all on our own if Romney has his way,” Jackson warns from his perch near the family TV. “Obama sent SEALS to bin Laden’s place – Romney sent jobs overseas,” he tells Big Brother.
- Bobbi Kristina's Body Released for Burial
- Rashida Jones Dropped Robin Thicke for Al B. Sure in Junior High
- TV Land’s ‘Soul Man’ Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
- Nick Gordon Has ‘Suffered Greatly’ Over Bobbi Kristina, Says His Mom
- Lee Daniels, L.A. Reid to Speak at Mariah Carey’s Hollywood Star Ceremony
- Chicago Police Tow Car With Deceased Bodies Inside...Public Raises Hell! (Watch)
- Cops Kept Rihanna from Performing Free Freddie Gray Concert
- Steven Ivory: GOP and Trump—Pot, Meet Kettle
- Report: Whitney Decides Where Fortune Goes; Bobby Screwed
- Hasselbeck: Sandra Bland Could've Used Cigarette as a Weapon (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here