*Samuel L. Jackson pokes fun at his expletive-spewing movie persona in a new pro-Obama campaign spot that went viral today.
In the video (scroll down to watch) Jackson talks about an American family that was politically active in 2008 but has since fallen into apathy, just like their neighbors.
“They’re warm in their beds, snuggled up in their sheets/But four years before they were out in the streets,” the actor says with disdain.
Except, that is, for Little Susie, the pint-sized activist heroine of this clip, who shoulders the task of getting her family, as Jackson puts it, to “wake the f**k up.” (Though he says it, the actual F-word is bleeped out in the commercial, as is his use of the S-word.)
The spot also makes a literary nod to the recent bestseller, “Go the F–k to Sleep,” written for the exhausted parents of defiantly wakeful children.
In the video, Jackson appears to Little Susie’s slacker brother and listless parents to tell them what’s what about the stakes in this campaign season.
“We’re all on our own if Romney has his way,” Jackson warns from his perch near the family TV. “Obama sent SEALS to bin Laden’s place – Romney sent jobs overseas,” he tells Big Brother.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Review: American Masters: B.B. King: The Life Of Riley (Fri, Feb. 12, PBS)
- Hannibal Buress Joins Cast of 'Baywatch' Movie
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ TV Reboot Taps Damon Wayans for Danny Glover Role
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here