*Samuel L. Jackson pokes fun at his expletive-spewing movie persona in a new pro-Obama campaign spot that went viral today.
In the video (scroll down to watch) Jackson talks about an American family that was politically active in 2008 but has since fallen into apathy, just like their neighbors.
“They’re warm in their beds, snuggled up in their sheets/But four years before they were out in the streets,” the actor says with disdain.
Except, that is, for Little Susie, the pint-sized activist heroine of this clip, who shoulders the task of getting her family, as Jackson puts it, to “wake the f**k up.” (Though he says it, the actual F-word is bleeped out in the commercial, as is his use of the S-word.)
The spot also makes a literary nod to the recent bestseller, “Go the F–k to Sleep,” written for the exhausted parents of defiantly wakeful children.
In the video, Jackson appears to Little Susie’s slacker brother and listless parents to tell them what’s what about the stakes in this campaign season.
“We’re all on our own if Romney has his way,” Jackson warns from his perch near the family TV. “Obama sent SEALS to bin Laden’s place – Romney sent jobs overseas,” he tells Big Brother.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Not Impressed: Man Reads Book at Beyonce Concert (WATCH)
- White Woman (Samantha Niemann) Sues Diversity Program for 'Discrimination'
- Larry Wilmore Doesn't Expect to be 'Invited Back' to WHCD
- April Jobs Report: Only 160,000 Positions Added
- Sinead O'Connor Being Sued By Arsenio Hall for Defamation
- Senator Oscar Braynon Presents 4th Choice Challenge
- THE (05-06-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton Are Tortured Souls in 'A Bigger Splash'
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here