*Samuel L. Jackson pokes fun at his expletive-spewing movie persona in a new pro-Obama campaign spot that went viral today.
In the video (scroll down to watch) Jackson talks about an American family that was politically active in 2008 but has since fallen into apathy, just like their neighbors.
“They’re warm in their beds, snuggled up in their sheets/But four years before they were out in the streets,” the actor says with disdain.
Except, that is, for Little Susie, the pint-sized activist heroine of this clip, who shoulders the task of getting her family, as Jackson puts it, to “wake the f**k up.” (Though he says it, the actual F-word is bleeped out in the commercial, as is his use of the S-word.)
The spot also makes a literary nod to the recent bestseller, “Go the F–k to Sleep,” written for the exhausted parents of defiantly wakeful children.
In the video, Jackson appears to Little Susie’s slacker brother and listless parents to tell them what’s what about the stakes in this campaign season.
“We’re all on our own if Romney has his way,” Jackson warns from his perch near the family TV. “Obama sent SEALS to bin Laden’s place – Romney sent jobs overseas,” he tells Big Brother.
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here