*When EURweb caught up with “Shameless” star Shanola Hampton in the summer, she was three shows into production on Season 3 of the Showtime series – and already there was, as she put it, “all sorts of craziness” going on.
“Kevin and Veronica are gonna be trying to have a baby, which presents its own set of drama,” Hampton said of her own storyline next season with her boyfriend, played by Steve Howey. “There’s gonna be a knock at the door that may not end very pleasant.”
Hampton’s Veronica found out last season that she may not be able to have children, but was open to adoption. Becoming foster parents in the meantime, they took in Ethel, one of several teen sister wives who was taken away from a Mormon compound by the state and thrown into foster care. It took some time for the three to bond (Veronica was using Ethel to do her housework), but once they did, Ethel ended up running off with a boy named Malik, leaving Veronica and Kevin childless once again.
As for the Gallaghers…
When we last saw Fiona (Emmy Rossum) – one of six kids living with their alcoholic father Frank (William H. Macy) – she and her on-and-off-again boyfriend Steve, also known as Jimmy (Justin Chatwin), were back on after he finally let her meet his family.
“Steve and Fiona are now living together,” Hampton tells EURweb exclusively, “which is an adjustment with all the kids – as if the house wasn’t full enough.” And by “living together,” it means sleeping in Fiona’s tiny childhood bedroom.
“I’m telling you, this season so far has been amazing. I’m so proud of it,” she says of the series, which returns on Jan. 13. “There’s all sorts of craziness happening, which I love.”
Also proud is Shanola’s father, the Rev. Gralin N. Hampton, who still pastors in the actress’ home state of North Carolina. Even though Veronica spends a lot of her “Shameless” screen time topless – not to mention doing things that would leave any father uncomfortable, let alone a minister – Hampton says her dad still stands by her 100 percent.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Baby Fat Shamed As 'Stuff Curry' Becomes Internet Favorite
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here