*Independently and unbeknownst to one another, two well-known publications released separate articles this week on Smokey Robinson and his former wife Claudette.
First, national publication Jamsource/Runway Magazine of Houston Texas released a cover feature of Claudette on Tuesday September 11th, and the Los Angeles Sentinel released an interview of Smokey on Thursday September 13th.
Both articles referred to each subject as the ‘Quiet Storm.’
Claudette, who has a forthcoming autobiography, offers some insight into the life she and Smokey once shared during the early days of Motown.
Smokey is promoting two September venues where he will be performing in Los Angeles – one of which will feature him reciting his own poetry.
Fans are urged to pick up a copy of the Los Angeles Sentinel and Jamsource/Runway at local newsstands where available (articles may also be found on the internet).
Another coincidence: this year marks the 50th anniversary of The Miracles’ hit song “You’ve Really Got A Hold On Me.” What a miracle for fans of these two Motown icons!
Jamsource editor/publisher Carolyn Baker says, “we’ve already got a huge buzz on Claudette here in Houston after my live on air interview with DJ Wash Allen on radio station KCOH!”
Larry Buford is a Los Angeles-based freelance writer. Author of “Things Are Gettin’ Outta Hand” (Steuben Pub) www.amazon.com. Articles frequently appear (among others) in the Los Angeles Sentinel Op-Ed section. Visit the author at www.larrybuford.com. (213) 220-8101
- $2 Million Lawsuit Filed Against Former NBA Player Tyrone Hill
- Chicago’s Tragic, Unending 4th of July Gun Violence Ritual Continues
- The Socialist's Journal: The Peril of Being Hillary Clinton
- Gunshots Damage 3 Luxury Cars At Studio Connected with Rick Ross
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here