*Independently and unbeknownst to one another, two well-known publications released separate articles this week on Smokey Robinson and his former wife Claudette.
First, national publication Jamsource/Runway Magazine of Houston Texas released a cover feature of Claudette on Tuesday September 11th, and the Los Angeles Sentinel released an interview of Smokey on Thursday September 13th.
Both articles referred to each subject as the ‘Quiet Storm.’
Claudette, who has a forthcoming autobiography, offers some insight into the life she and Smokey once shared during the early days of Motown.
Smokey is promoting two September venues where he will be performing in Los Angeles – one of which will feature him reciting his own poetry.
Fans are urged to pick up a copy of the Los Angeles Sentinel and Jamsource/Runway at local newsstands where available (articles may also be found on the internet).
Another coincidence: this year marks the 50th anniversary of The Miracles’ hit song “You’ve Really Got A Hold On Me.” What a miracle for fans of these two Motown icons!
Jamsource editor/publisher Carolyn Baker says, “we’ve already got a huge buzz on Claudette here in Houston after my live on air interview with DJ Wash Allen on radio station KCOH!”
Larry Buford is a Los Angeles-based freelance writer. Author of “Things Are Gettin’ Outta Hand” (Steuben Pub) www.amazon.com. Articles frequently appear (among others) in the Los Angeles Sentinel Op-Ed section. Visit the author at www.larrybuford.com. (213) 220-8101
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here