*Kaiser Hospital Riverside in Southern California is investigating a racist display directed at several African-American employees who work in the hospital’s IT Department, reports NBCLosAngeles.com.
The staffers said they work in an area that is restricted to employees only, so when Xavier Fields arrived for work, he was shocked to find a doll with its face painted black and a racial slur across its chest – dangling from a rope around its neck, tied to a post near his work station.
“It’s somebody who works within. It’s a locked area. You don’t go back there,” Fields said.
“You’re not sure what to think. I got a supervisor and I let them know what’s going on,” said colleague Tyree Hale.
The employees said they did not see signs that their complaint launched an immediate investigation.
They gave the doll to a manager and said they were so stunned — even scared — that they didn’t file a police report, but left it to the hospital to handle.
Kaiser issued a statement which read: “We are moving to investigate the matter and will take appropriate action. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination in our workplace and will take all appropriate measures to address the full scope of this situation.”
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here