The Hollywood Reporter says one of reasons was that he started his run a week ahead of what’s supposed to be his biggest competition, Katie Couric.
In fact, it was the strongest premiere other than Dr. Oz’s in 2009.
The first episode of the self-titled talker received a 1.5 household rating and 4 share in 48 markets, a 50 percent jump in the time period average, year over year. It’s also a 25 percent gain from its lead-in.
Among the especially sought after female demographics in his time period, Harvey was up 133 percent, year over year, with women 18-34, 100 percent with 18-49-ers and 80 percent among 25-54-year-olds.
No series has posted stronger MM numbers since Dr. Oz premiered in 2009.
Elsewhere in syndication, the official end of the 2011-12 season gave another win to Judge Judy, easily the top performer with an average 7.0 HH rating. Dr. Phil won among talk show hosts with a 2.9 rating.
In third, just behind Dr. Oz, was Live! With Kelly. Her largely solo outing last year averaged a 2.5 rating. That number, of course, was eclipsed on Tuesday with the highly-rated addition of Michael Strahan. The new co-host’s first day on the job pulled in a 3.9 rating.
So, have you watched “Steve Harvey” yet? If so, what do you like about it and why do you think it will succeed?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here