The Hollywood Reporter says one of reasons was that he started his run a week ahead of what’s supposed to be his biggest competition, Katie Couric.
In fact, it was the strongest premiere other than Dr. Oz’s in 2009.
The first episode of the self-titled talker received a 1.5 household rating and 4 share in 48 markets, a 50 percent jump in the time period average, year over year. It’s also a 25 percent gain from its lead-in.
Among the especially sought after female demographics in his time period, Harvey was up 133 percent, year over year, with women 18-34, 100 percent with 18-49-ers and 80 percent among 25-54-year-olds.
No series has posted stronger MM numbers since Dr. Oz premiered in 2009.
Elsewhere in syndication, the official end of the 2011-12 season gave another win to Judge Judy, easily the top performer with an average 7.0 HH rating. Dr. Phil won among talk show hosts with a 2.9 rating.
In third, just behind Dr. Oz, was Live! With Kelly. Her largely solo outing last year averaged a 2.5 rating. That number, of course, was eclipsed on Tuesday with the highly-rated addition of Michael Strahan. The new co-host’s first day on the job pulled in a 3.9 rating.
So, have you watched “Steve Harvey” yet? If so, what do you like about it and why do you think it will succeed?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Ava DuVernay Responds to Lionsgate Apology for 'Egypt' White-washing
- Flashback - Kobe Bryant Ponders Life after Basketball: ‘I’ve Got to Find My Passion’
- Serena Williams is Half-Naked in 2016 Pirelli Calendar (Pics)
- Miami Jury Now Holds Fate of 'Facebook Killer' In Their Hands! (Disturbing Photo)
- What Does Future Require In His Concert Dressing Rooms?
- Female Characters in ‘The Wiz Live!’ Rewritten to be More Empowered
- John Hairston's Gospel Internet Radio Station Hits the Airwaves in January
- 'He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here