The Hollywood Reporter says one of reasons was that he started his run a week ahead of what’s supposed to be his biggest competition, Katie Couric.
In fact, it was the strongest premiere other than Dr. Oz’s in 2009.
The first episode of the self-titled talker received a 1.5 household rating and 4 share in 48 markets, a 50 percent jump in the time period average, year over year. It’s also a 25 percent gain from its lead-in.
Among the especially sought after female demographics in his time period, Harvey was up 133 percent, year over year, with women 18-34, 100 percent with 18-49-ers and 80 percent among 25-54-year-olds.
No series has posted stronger MM numbers since Dr. Oz premiered in 2009.
Elsewhere in syndication, the official end of the 2011-12 season gave another win to Judge Judy, easily the top performer with an average 7.0 HH rating. Dr. Phil won among talk show hosts with a 2.9 rating.
In third, just behind Dr. Oz, was Live! With Kelly. Her largely solo outing last year averaged a 2.5 rating. That number, of course, was eclipsed on Tuesday with the highly-rated addition of Michael Strahan. The new co-host’s first day on the job pulled in a 3.9 rating.
So, have you watched “Steve Harvey” yet? If so, what do you like about it and why do you think it will succeed?
- Terrence Howard Tweets He's Still Attached to 3rd Wife Mira Pak
- 9-Yr-Old Ferguson Girl, Killed as She Did Homework, Remembered on Sunday
- Richard Pryor Biopic Officially Adds Oprah Winfrey and Eddie Murphy
- Kobe and Shaq Squash Years Long Beef on Podcast (LISTEN)
- ‘Compton’ Three-Peats at No. 1; ‘War Room’ Captures Faith-Based Crowd With $11 Mil Debut
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here