*Although Katie Couric led all freshman daytime talk shows in the ratings last week with an average of 2.5 million viewers a day (according to national ratings released Tuesday), the case can be made that it is standup comic, author, radio host and game show star Steve Harvey whose daytime career is catching on, notes The Hollywood Reporter.
Not only has Harvey’s new talk show proven a steady performer since its Sept. 4 premiere, (he averages 1.7 million viewers a day), but he has also seen a ratings lift on his other syndicated show, “Family Feud.”
Starting its 14th season, “Feud” ranks fourth among all first-run shows, trailing only “Judge Judy” (8.6 million viewers), “Wheel of Fortune” (5.9, 8.8 million viewers) and “Jeopardy” (4.8, 7 million viewers).
Feud ratings rose 50 percent from last season’s debut to a 3.9 in households. Among the key demo of women 25-54, Feud ratings jumped 46% to 1.9 to surpass Jeopardy (1.5) and tie Wheel of Fortune. Feud also is up 30% over its average rating last year of a 3.0.
Distributed by Lionsgate division Debmar-Mercury and produced by Fremantle Media North America, “Feud” ratings for its opening week are the best since the week of March 9, 1992. “Feud” has seen ratings gains ever since Harvey joined as host in September 2010.
Part of those increases has to do with what Debmar-Mercury has done behind the scenes. They have swapped stations to improve the time periods where “Feud” airs, positioning it between 5 and 8 p.m. where big off-network series are shown and a few first run series have dominated for years.
From only a few stations in past years, “Feud” will air during the prime access period in 70 percent of its national lineup this season. It is already set to air at least through 2015.
- Louisiana Man: 'I've Never Had a Racist Bone in My Body' ... But Don't Tempt Me! (Watch)
- Derrick Rose Responds to Drugging/Rape Claims From Ex-Girlfriend
- Russell Westbrook's Weekend Plans Include Wedding to Girlfriend
- Flanagan’s Family Releases Statement in Aftermath of Virginia Shooting (WATCH)
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Karen Clark Sheard is ‘Destined to Win’; New Album Debuts at #2
- A Hate Crime is a Hate Crime No Matter the Color of the Perpetrator
- EUR Tech Review: Samsung 2015: The Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Plus (VIDEO)
- The Truth About Coffee and the Diabetes Risk
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here