Venus has always been slender, but Serena was a bit thicker and her muscular body has gotten even bigger. But, she is the poster child of fitness and she knows all about being scrutinized and discriminated against on the court.
Now a new tennis powerhouse has hit the scene with the same body image issues Serena experienced.
Taylor Townsend is 16 years old and is the number one junior women’s tennis player in the world. She rocked the 2012 Australian Open and three junior grand slam doubles titles, but then the United States Tennis Association refused to allow her to participate in the U.S. Open citing (more…)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here