*Hazing consists of some type of physical and/or mentally injurious action against potential members attempting to become members of a fraternity or sorority.
By now everyone is aware of the incident that occurred at Florida A&M University last year where one of the school’s band members, Robert Champion, was killed during a hazing incident while in the process of pledging for the band fraternity Kappa Kappa Psi. Hazing is not the intended function of those leading the potential members into their organization and when it occurs there are normally extreme repercussions.
Well, obviously no one learned from the incident that resulted in a death, the president of the university’s resignation, and the band director’s termination.
Texas Southern University’s band known as the “Motion of the Ocean” is now suspended because of a similar incident involving hazing, according to Houston’s channel 11, KHOU.
The university was notified of the incident (more…)
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Pitbull Announces Date of His ‘Empire’ Episode and Jussie Smollett Duet (Listen)
- Watch Chilling New Trailer for Idris Elba’s ‘Beasts of No Nation’
- EUR Q&A: Carl Pittman, Black Conservative, 'Offended' By Black Lives Matter
- Dennis Haysbert to Voice NBC’s ‘Meet the Press’ Intro
- 50 Cent On Verge of Getting Electricity Shut Off?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here