*Hazing consists of some type of physical and/or mentally injurious action against potential members attempting to become members of a fraternity or sorority.
By now everyone is aware of the incident that occurred at Florida A&M University last year where one of the school’s band members, Robert Champion, was killed during a hazing incident while in the process of pledging for the band fraternity Kappa Kappa Psi. Hazing is not the intended function of those leading the potential members into their organization and when it occurs there are normally extreme repercussions.
Well, obviously no one learned from the incident that resulted in a death, the president of the university’s resignation, and the band director’s termination.
Texas Southern University’s band known as the “Motion of the Ocean” is now suspended because of a similar incident involving hazing, according to Houston’s channel 11, KHOU.
The university was notified of the incident (more…)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here