*Hazing consists of some type of physical and/or mentally injurious action against potential members attempting to become members of a fraternity or sorority.
By now everyone is aware of the incident that occurred at Florida A&M University last year where one of the school’s band members, Robert Champion, was killed during a hazing incident while in the process of pledging for the band fraternity Kappa Kappa Psi. Hazing is not the intended function of those leading the potential members into their organization and when it occurs there are normally extreme repercussions.
Well, obviously no one learned from the incident that resulted in a death, the president of the university’s resignation, and the band director’s termination.
Texas Southern University’s band known as the “Motion of the Ocean” is now suspended because of a similar incident involving hazing, according to Houston’s channel 11, KHOU.
The university was notified of the incident (more…)
- Shaq Doubles Down on Pippen: ‘I Don’t Let Bums Disrespect Me’
- Judge Tosses Orlando Scandrick’s Restraining Order Against Draya
- Second Suspect in 10 Days Dies in Custody of Houston Police
- Tom Joyner' Cruise Supports Students Featured on Hollywood Divas Season 2
- Azealia Banks Angers Australia by Calling Crowds ‘Belligerent’
- Report: Tom Brady Destroyed Cell Phone; NFL Suspension to be Upheld
- Bobbi Kristina's Body Released for Burial
- Rashida Jones Dropped Robin Thicke for Al B. Sure in Junior High
- TV Land’s ‘Soul Man’ Renewed for Fifth and Final Season
- Nick Gordon Has ‘Suffered Greatly’ Over Bobbi Kristina, Says His Mom
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here