*Hazing consists of some type of physical and/or mentally injurious action against potential members attempting to become members of a fraternity or sorority.
By now everyone is aware of the incident that occurred at Florida A&M University last year where one of the school’s band members, Robert Champion, was killed during a hazing incident while in the process of pledging for the band fraternity Kappa Kappa Psi. Hazing is not the intended function of those leading the potential members into their organization and when it occurs there are normally extreme repercussions.
Well, obviously no one learned from the incident that resulted in a death, the president of the university’s resignation, and the band director’s termination.
Texas Southern University’s band known as the “Motion of the Ocean” is now suspended because of a similar incident involving hazing, according to Houston’s channel 11, KHOU.
The university was notified of the incident (more…)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here