*Mack Avenue Records proudly releases Jonathan Butler’s new gospel album “Grace and Mercy.” The album is a testament of Jonathan’s love affair with the Lord which began at nineteen years old.
“It was love that drew me to Christ, the love of someone who cared enough to talk to me about Jesus and take me in when I was basically a broken young man in South Africa. It was my late brother-in-law (my wife’s brother) who led me to Christ. He was that person in my life that actually took the time to talk to me about Jesus, and it didn’t take me long to give my heart to Christ because of that.”
The new album “Grace and Mercy” kicks off with the lead single “I Stand On The Word.” It is followed by other soulful confessions such as “Give It Up To God” and “I Know He Cares.” These are soothing musical proclamations of triumph over adversity, and peace in the midst of the storm. Jonathan committed to these personal anthems while helping his wife battle cancer. During the same time he lost his beloved mother and a very close friend.
Jonathan comments on “Moments of Worship,” another of his biblically grounded compositions on the new album:
“I actually recorded ‘Moments Of Worship’ in Spain years ago. I was at a friend’s house and he had a studio and an engineer. I sat in front of a piano and started singing my favorite worship songs and I just decided to do that on this album. At the end of all the music, it comes back to worship, which I just think is beautiful.”
“Grace and Mercy” delivers a more raw and urban approach to what Jonathan categorizes as inspirational music. Butler has toured the world with such acclaimed artists as Kirk Whalum, Dave Koz and Ruby Turner. He’s earned Grammy nominations and rave reviews in the jazz and R&B arena. Jonathan is extremely excited about his new music and hopes that his audience connects with it in the same sincere way.
Others on the Mack Avenue Records roster include Kirk Whalum, Christian McBride, Brian Bromberg, Stanley Jordan, Richard Elliott, Kenny Garrett and more. Click here to purchase a copy of Jonathan Butler’s new project “Grace and Mercy.”
Fans can catch Jonathan Butler sailing the high seas at the end of the month with Dave Koz and Friends. For more on that and other Jonathan Butler news, visit www.jonathanbutler.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Barbershop 3' Trailer Mixes Beauty, Comedy and Gang Violence [WATCH]
- Video of Chicago Police Officer Shooting Laquan McDonald Released (WATCH)
- (Video) WATCH: New 'Zootopia' Trailer
- Patti LaBelle Wants to Work with Fetty Wap, Talks Pie Success [WATCH]
- ‘Empire’: Alicia Keys Storyline to Explore Biracial Issues (Watch)
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Patti LaBelle Invites James Wright Chanel to Thanksgiving Dinner; Admits Video Increased Sales
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here