*How many times a day are you tempted to live a lie? We do it all the time. When we omit to tell the whole story, when we bring office supplies home from the job, when we don’t report all of our income on our taxes, when we don’t pay our bills on time and when don’t keep promises that we make, even to ourselves.
I spend an enormous amount of time teaching women how to live their best lives and encouraging them to live their truths. One of the reasons I believe that I have been successful is that I try to live what I teach. When I fall short, I am reminded of how important the law of integrity plays out in my life. And in breaking that law, I set in motion subtle forces whose consequences I would rather escape.
We all have been given a voice to penetrate the hearts and touch the souls of those we encounter in our lives. But the only way to acquire spiritual authority to really impact and change lives, is that we are living within the laws of God. And one of the ways that we can stand fully in our power is that we live with integrity. Living with integrity is about living in line with God’s highest truth despite your impulse to the contrary—about how you behave when no one is watching.
Romans 12: 2 that says, “Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what He wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.”
Breaking society’s code to lie, manipulate or even behave unethically is like swimming upstream when the rest of the world finds it okay to live outside of integrity. It takes courage to say to the world, “I am who I say that I am” and live that truth even when no one is looking.
As a business owner, do you deliver what you promise to your clients? As a parent, do you live that which you teach? As a lover, do you give that which you desire to receive in the relationship? We touch others not so much by what we say, but by how we live.
Technology has made it so that we can become who we want to be on the social media sites, or put together beautifully well organized websites and write empowering books/blogs, but who are you when no one is looking? Take a look within and answer it honestly…then and only then can you truly say that you are living your truth and standing in your power!
Remember, live authentically, laugh everyday and embrace love as a lifestyle.
Angela Carr Patterson-The Love Lifestyle Coach
Angela Carr Patterson is an author, speaker, life coach and the host of an Internet based radio talk show. Everyday, she coach women on how to live “The Love Lifestyle” and help them to transform their relationships with men and money while empowering them to live their dreams. Contact Angela Carr Patterson [email protected] www.thelovelifestyle.com, www.lovestorywomencircle.com
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- New Daytime Talk Show ‘The Preachers’ to Get Summer Test Run (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here