*Season 3 of “The Voice” is barely two weeks old and already the producers are preparing for season four.
Current coaches Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green will take a hiatus next season to work on other projects, and NBC announced today that the pair will be replaced by Usher and Shakira, who will join returning judges Adam Levine and Blake Shelton.
Aguilera will spend next season touring to promote her new album, “Lotus,” while Cee Lo will work on new music and a scripted comedy about his life. Both vow to return to the show eventually. “By pursuing my first passion of music during the break, I am also able to come back and offer even more to my team on The Voice in the future,” Aguilera said in a statement.
“I will return for season five and will be watching season four,” said Green.
“We are thrilled to welcome Usher and Shakira to The Voice,” Robert Greenblatt, the chairman of NBC Entertainment, said in statement. “Doing two back-to-back cycles of this show requires a tremendous amount of time and we are happy to accommodate the commitments made by Christina and Cee Lo.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Angela Simmons Confirms Pregnancy: 'We Are Overjoyed'
- How to Start Your Own Online Casino
- Was Prince Better than Hendrix? Only if He Crosses the Entertainment Divide
- Alexandra Shipp & the 'X-Men: Apocalypse’ Cast in the Big Apple
- Savion Glover's Feet Perform Magical Feats
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- The Pulse of Entertainment: MBK’s Glory2Glory Presents Livre’, ‘Jericho: Tribe of Joshua’
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here