*Season 3 of “The Voice” is barely two weeks old and already the producers are preparing for season four.
Current coaches Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green will take a hiatus next season to work on other projects, and NBC announced today that the pair will be replaced by Usher and Shakira, who will join returning judges Adam Levine and Blake Shelton.
Aguilera will spend next season touring to promote her new album, “Lotus,” while Cee Lo will work on new music and a scripted comedy about his life. Both vow to return to the show eventually. “By pursuing my first passion of music during the break, I am also able to come back and offer even more to my team on The Voice in the future,” Aguilera said in a statement.
“I will return for season five and will be watching season four,” said Green.
“We are thrilled to welcome Usher and Shakira to The Voice,” Robert Greenblatt, the chairman of NBC Entertainment, said in statement. “Doing two back-to-back cycles of this show requires a tremendous amount of time and we are happy to accommodate the commitments made by Christina and Cee Lo.”
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Ava DuVernay WON'T Be Directing Marvel's 'Black Panther'
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Welcomes Daughter
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here