*Season 3 of “The Voice” is barely two weeks old and already the producers are preparing for season four.
Current coaches Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green will take a hiatus next season to work on other projects, and NBC announced today that the pair will be replaced by Usher and Shakira, who will join returning judges Adam Levine and Blake Shelton.
Aguilera will spend next season touring to promote her new album, “Lotus,” while Cee Lo will work on new music and a scripted comedy about his life. Both vow to return to the show eventually. “By pursuing my first passion of music during the break, I am also able to come back and offer even more to my team on The Voice in the future,” Aguilera said in a statement.
“I will return for season five and will be watching season four,” said Green.
“We are thrilled to welcome Usher and Shakira to The Voice,” Robert Greenblatt, the chairman of NBC Entertainment, said in statement. “Doing two back-to-back cycles of this show requires a tremendous amount of time and we are happy to accommodate the commitments made by Christina and Cee Lo.”
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here