*Oh No, Not ‘Deebo’!
“Friday” standout actor Tommy ‘Tiny’ Lister, who played the notoriously-feared character, “Deebo,” in the cult flick, has agreed to plead guilty to a $3.8 million dollar mortgage fraud scheme.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Prosecutors charged the 54-year-old actor, who has made more than 100 movies, with conspiring to buy homes he could not afford from 2005 to 2007. Lister, with help from a real estate agent, a mortgage loan officer, a bank manager, an escrow officer and an accountant, is said to have used falsified records to unlawfully acquire four homes for $5.7 million dollars; which the bank later sold at a loss of more than 2.6 million, according to a news release from the U. S. Attorney’s Office.
Lister has been accused of submitting fake W-2 forms and pay stubs, in his applications to obtain home equity lines of credit. He faces 5-years in prison for this stunt.
The case was investigated by the FBI and Internal Revenue Service.
- Former NBA All Star Vin Baker Training for Starbucks Manager Spot
- The Griswolds Are Back On 'Vacation' (Watch)
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Your MISSION: Laser Tag
- Kim Kimble, Celebrity Hairstylist Panelists at Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo~Aug 1&2@The Reef
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here