*Oh No, Not ‘Deebo’!
“Friday” standout actor Tommy ‘Tiny’ Lister, who played the notoriously-feared character, “Deebo,” in the cult flick, has agreed to plead guilty to a $3.8 million dollar mortgage fraud scheme.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Prosecutors charged the 54-year-old actor, who has made more than 100 movies, with conspiring to buy homes he could not afford from 2005 to 2007. Lister, with help from a real estate agent, a mortgage loan officer, a bank manager, an escrow officer and an accountant, is said to have used falsified records to unlawfully acquire four homes for $5.7 million dollars; which the bank later sold at a loss of more than 2.6 million, according to a news release from the U. S. Attorney’s Office.
Lister has been accused of submitting fake W-2 forms and pay stubs, in his applications to obtain home equity lines of credit. He faces 5-years in prison for this stunt.
The case was investigated by the FBI and Internal Revenue Service.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- T-Boz to Exec. Produce Teen Musical Project 'What About Your Friends?'
- Maino’s Girlfriend to Sue NYPD Over T.I. Concert Shooting
- Madonna Claps Back at BET - Tamar Dropped From Record Label?
- Parents of Alabama Teen Electrocuted in Lake Warns Others to 'Be Careful' (Video)
- Snoop Dogg Right on 'Roots' Remake for the Wrong Reasons (Video)
- ‘Roots’ Remake Draws 5.3M Viewers Against Record-Setting NBA Playoff Game
- What Mariah Carey Wore to ‘Live with Kelly’s’ Daytime Pajama Party (Watch)
- Pics Surface of Alleged Khloe Kardashian/Odell Beckham Jr. Hookup at Drake's Party
- Why Alicia Keys is Not Wearing Makeup These Days
- Chuck D, B-Real, Tom Morello Form New Band 'Prophets of Rage'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here