*Oh No, Not ‘Deebo’!
“Friday” standout actor Tommy ‘Tiny’ Lister, who played the notoriously-feared character, “Deebo,” in the cult flick, has agreed to plead guilty to a $3.8 million dollar mortgage fraud scheme.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Prosecutors charged the 54-year-old actor, who has made more than 100 movies, with conspiring to buy homes he could not afford from 2005 to 2007. Lister, with help from a real estate agent, a mortgage loan officer, a bank manager, an escrow officer and an accountant, is said to have used falsified records to unlawfully acquire four homes for $5.7 million dollars; which the bank later sold at a loss of more than 2.6 million, according to a news release from the U. S. Attorney’s Office.
Lister has been accused of submitting fake W-2 forms and pay stubs, in his applications to obtain home equity lines of credit. He faces 5-years in prison for this stunt.
The case was investigated by the FBI and Internal Revenue Service.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Pink Recalls the Time Prince Rejected Her Duet Request: 'I Told Him He Was a Rude F**k'
- New Trailer: Barack and Michelle's First Date in ‘Southside With You’
- Usher’s Snapchat Fail Results in Inadvertent D*** Pic
- NFL’s DeAndre Levy Urges Fellow Athletes to ‘Man Up’ Against Sexual Assault
- Urban Prep’s Entire Senior Class College Bound for 7th Consecutive Year
- Baltimore's Fox45 News Station Evacuated after Bomb Threat
- Tracy Morgan Says Prince Music 'Taught Me How to Be Gentle'
- Viola Davis Inks Production Deal with ABC Studios
- Whitney Houston Doc From Kevin Macdonald Gets Estate’s Blessing
- National Enquirer Claims Prince Had AIDS and Was ‘Preparing to Die’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here