*Oh No, Not ‘Deebo’!
“Friday” standout actor Tommy ‘Tiny’ Lister, who played the notoriously-feared character, “Deebo,” in the cult flick, has agreed to plead guilty to a $3.8 million dollar mortgage fraud scheme.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Prosecutors charged the 54-year-old actor, who has made more than 100 movies, with conspiring to buy homes he could not afford from 2005 to 2007. Lister, with help from a real estate agent, a mortgage loan officer, a bank manager, an escrow officer and an accountant, is said to have used falsified records to unlawfully acquire four homes for $5.7 million dollars; which the bank later sold at a loss of more than 2.6 million, according to a news release from the U. S. Attorney’s Office.
Lister has been accused of submitting fake W-2 forms and pay stubs, in his applications to obtain home equity lines of credit. He faces 5-years in prison for this stunt.
The case was investigated by the FBI and Internal Revenue Service.
- Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Busted Smuggling Shank Into Rikers
- B.Scott Accompanies Laverne Cox to BET Awards
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here