*Oh No, Not ‘Deebo’!
“Friday” standout actor Tommy ‘Tiny’ Lister, who played the notoriously-feared character, “Deebo,” in the cult flick, has agreed to plead guilty to a $3.8 million dollar mortgage fraud scheme.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Prosecutors charged the 54-year-old actor, who has made more than 100 movies, with conspiring to buy homes he could not afford from 2005 to 2007. Lister, with help from a real estate agent, a mortgage loan officer, a bank manager, an escrow officer and an accountant, is said to have used falsified records to unlawfully acquire four homes for $5.7 million dollars; which the bank later sold at a loss of more than 2.6 million, according to a news release from the U. S. Attorney’s Office.
Lister has been accused of submitting fake W-2 forms and pay stubs, in his applications to obtain home equity lines of credit. He faces 5-years in prison for this stunt.
The case was investigated by the FBI and Internal Revenue Service.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Video Stories About 'Good Cops' Show Up (Mysteriously) in My Inbox - Should I Be Concerned?
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Khloe Kardashian Joins OkCupid After Split From James Harden
- LeSean McCoy: Video of Club Brawl With Off Duty Cops (Watch)
- DMX Hospitalized After Discovered Unconscious at Hotel
- Red Lobster Sales and Social Media Soar Since Beyonce’s ‘Formation’
- EUR Celebrates Black History Month - From AFRICAN SKETCHBOOK to OUR ROOTS
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here