*A student at Maryland’s Towson University intends to submit a proposal seeking to start a “White Student Union” on campus, reports WJZ. [Click here for the video.]
Student Matthew Heimbach told the school’s newspaper that white students deserve an exclusive club only for them. He is photographed in the paper holding a Confederate flag in front of Martin Luther King Jr.’s church in Montgomery, Ala. He says: “We want to replicate what every student union does on campus.”
In the article, Heimbach argues there is a Black Student Union that promotes their heroes, and he wants to do the same.
This isn’t Heimbach’s first attempt to start a controversial group. He succeeded before with Youth for Western Civilization. The group gained negative attention after messages of white pride were written in chalk across campus.
“We want to be able to promote on campus for students who want to be proud of their heritage and the foundations of this country and stand up for themselves,” Heimbach said of the Youth for Western Civilization.
Richard Vatz, a communications professor at Towson University, resigned as adviser for that group, saying just because the name changes, the principles don’t.
“When you have a group that calls themselves the White Student Union, their only purpose is generally hostility towards those who are non-white,” Vatz.
Right now, no application is on file with the university to start the White Student Union. If it is discriminatory, it will not be approved.
“If inclusiveness is not the plan, then it will not be recognized by the Student Government Association,” Dr. Teri Hall, vice president of Student Affairs at Towson University, said.
In the college newspaper, Heimbach says 17 students have an interest in joining the White Student Union.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- The Orlando Magic Give Thanks This Holiday
- Ava DuVernay Responds to Lionsgate Apology for 'Egypt' White-washing
- Flashback - Kobe Bryant Ponders Life after Basketball: ‘I’ve Got to Find My Passion’
- Serena Williams is Half-Naked in 2016 Pirelli Calendar (Pics)
- Miami Jury Now Holds Fate of 'Facebook Killer' In Their Hands! (Disturbing Photo)
- What Does Future Require In His Concert Dressing Rooms?
- Female Characters in ‘The Wiz Live!’ Rewritten to be More Empowered
- John Hairston's Gospel Internet Radio Station Hits the Airwaves in January
- 'He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here