Chadwick Boseman plays the barrier-breaking legend, who in 1947 became the first black Major League ballplayer and eventually hit and fielded his way into Cooperstown.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Joining the relative unknown is a much more famous supporting, including Harrison Ford as Branch Rickey, the daring general manager who signed Robinson, and Christopher Meloni as Leo Durocher, the Dodgers’ manager in the 1940’s and 50’s.
The Brian Helgeland-directed picture will hit theaters in April, right around the start of the 2013 baseball season.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Future Calls BS on Ciara’s $15M Defamation Lawsuit
- Idris Elba Splits With Naiyana Garth After Night With Naomi Campbell (Report)
- Black Sheriff Gets KKK Vibe From Beyoncé's Super Bowl Halftime Performance
- Kanye West Defends Bill Cosby; Tweets Comic is 'Innocent'
- 'Family Feud' Contestant Can't Believe She's the 'Worst Ever' (WATCH)
- Target Wins Lawsuit Filed by Rosa and Raymond Parks Institute
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here