Chadwick Boseman plays the barrier-breaking legend, who in 1947 became the first black Major League ballplayer and eventually hit and fielded his way into Cooperstown.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Joining the relative unknown is a much more famous supporting, including Harrison Ford as Branch Rickey, the daring general manager who signed Robinson, and Christopher Meloni as Leo Durocher, the Dodgers’ manager in the 1940’s and 50’s.
The Brian Helgeland-directed picture will hit theaters in April, right around the start of the 2013 baseball season.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- 2 Chainz’s #IsThisYoThot? Lawsuit Thrown Out by Judge
- Daniel ‘Boobie’ Gibson Reacts to Keyshia Cole’s Engagement Tweet (Pic)
- Photo of Dog With Mouth Taped Shut on Facebook, Leads to Arrest of NC Woman
- Donovan McNabb Begins 18-Day Jail Sentence in Arizona
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here