Chadwick Boseman plays the barrier-breaking legend, who in 1947 became the first black Major League ballplayer and eventually hit and fielded his way into Cooperstown.
Like EURweb on Facebook
Joining the relative unknown is a much more famous supporting, including Harrison Ford as Branch Rickey, the daring general manager who signed Robinson, and Christopher Meloni as Leo Durocher, the Dodgers’ manager in the 1940’s and 50’s.
The Brian Helgeland-directed picture will hit theaters in April, right around the start of the 2013 baseball season.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Demolition of Aretha Franklin’s Birth Home Postponed
- Overcoming Dating Burnout: How to Thrive in the Deprived Dating Scene
- Daddy & Daughter Release Book for Brooklyn, NYC Tourists
- THE (07-01-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here