*Two people accused of attempting to blackmail Stevie Wonder have been freed from jail and ordered to stay away from the legend after reaching a plea deal with prosecutors, reports the Los Angeles Times.
Alpha Walker, who allegedly falsely claimed to be related to Wonder, was sentenced to 292 days behind bars after pleading no contest to a charge against him, but he was freed on time already served.
Walker, 38, and his 38-year-old girlfriend Tamara Diaz, had been charged with attempted extortion over claims they threatened to sell false information about Wonder unless he paid them $5 million. Diaz also entered a no contest plea and was sentenced to time served.
They have both been handed three years’ probation and ordered to stay away from Wonder, as well as his family and co-workers.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge William C. Ryan also ordered Walker to attend mental health counseling sessions, while Diaz must complete 78 Narcotics Anonymous classes, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Great Beginnings Hosts: 'It Takes a Village' to Celebrate Healthy Babies, Friday May 27
- THE (05-25-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Report: Tamar's Attitude Towards ('The Real') Producers Did Her in
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here