*Two people accused of attempting to blackmail Stevie Wonder have been freed from jail and ordered to stay away from the legend after reaching a plea deal with prosecutors, reports the Los Angeles Times.
Alpha Walker, who allegedly falsely claimed to be related to Wonder, was sentenced to 292 days behind bars after pleading no contest to a charge against him, but he was freed on time already served.
Walker, 38, and his 38-year-old girlfriend Tamara Diaz, had been charged with attempted extortion over claims they threatened to sell false information about Wonder unless he paid them $5 million. Diaz also entered a no contest plea and was sentenced to time served.
They have both been handed three years’ probation and ordered to stay away from Wonder, as well as his family and co-workers.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge William C. Ryan also ordered Walker to attend mental health counseling sessions, while Diaz must complete 78 Narcotics Anonymous classes, according to the Los Angeles Times.
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Two Dead, Several Hurt at After Party for Drake’s OVO Fest
- Former Detroit Lions RB Mel Farr Dies at 70
- Craig Robinson, Amandla Stenberg & Megan Good in NBC's 'Mr. Robinson' (Watch!)
- Lenny Kravitz Plays Through Severe Wardrobe Malfunction (NSFW Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here