*Two people accused of attempting to blackmail Stevie Wonder have been freed from jail and ordered to stay away from the legend after reaching a plea deal with prosecutors, reports the Los Angeles Times.
Alpha Walker, who allegedly falsely claimed to be related to Wonder, was sentenced to 292 days behind bars after pleading no contest to a charge against him, but he was freed on time already served.
Walker, 38, and his 38-year-old girlfriend Tamara Diaz, had been charged with attempted extortion over claims they threatened to sell false information about Wonder unless he paid them $5 million. Diaz also entered a no contest plea and was sentenced to time served.
They have both been handed three years’ probation and ordered to stay away from Wonder, as well as his family and co-workers.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge William C. Ryan also ordered Walker to attend mental health counseling sessions, while Diaz must complete 78 Narcotics Anonymous classes, according to the Los Angeles Times.
- Celebs You Wish You Could Party with on Labor Day Weekend (PHOTOS)
- Gilbert Arenas' Assistant Convicted For Robbing Him of $2.1 Million
- Bobbi Kristina’s Family Upset Over Nick Gordon Visiting Gravesite: Report
- '1st Annual MADCatfish Blues Festival' Jumps Off Labor Day Weekend, at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
- White Woman Throws Shoes at Talib Kweli for Talking #BlackLivesMatter
- ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez Comes Out Publicly: 'I'm Gay'
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Donald Trump's Campaign Will Ultimately Fail (Watch)
- Eazy E’s Daughter Says Suge Knight Did NOT Kill her Dad
- TNT Exclusive: Jazmin Truesdale Gives Black Comic Fans Heroes That Resemble Themselves (Watch)
- Aretha Franklin Sues to Block ‘Amazing Grace’ Screening at Telluride
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here