*Two people accused of attempting to blackmail Stevie Wonder have been freed from jail and ordered to stay away from the legend after reaching a plea deal with prosecutors, reports the Los Angeles Times.
Alpha Walker, who allegedly falsely claimed to be related to Wonder, was sentenced to 292 days behind bars after pleading no contest to a charge against him, but he was freed on time already served.
Walker, 38, and his 38-year-old girlfriend Tamara Diaz, had been charged with attempted extortion over claims they threatened to sell false information about Wonder unless he paid them $5 million. Diaz also entered a no contest plea and was sentenced to time served.
They have both been handed three years’ probation and ordered to stay away from Wonder, as well as his family and co-workers.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge William C. Ryan also ordered Walker to attend mental health counseling sessions, while Diaz must complete 78 Narcotics Anonymous classes, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (10-09-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Iyanla Vanzant Interview | Black Hollywood Lives' Conversations (Watch)
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here