*Two people accused of attempting to blackmail Stevie Wonder have been freed from jail and ordered to stay away from the legend after reaching a plea deal with prosecutors, reports the Los Angeles Times.
Alpha Walker, who allegedly falsely claimed to be related to Wonder, was sentenced to 292 days behind bars after pleading no contest to a charge against him, but he was freed on time already served.
Walker, 38, and his 38-year-old girlfriend Tamara Diaz, had been charged with attempted extortion over claims they threatened to sell false information about Wonder unless he paid them $5 million. Diaz also entered a no contest plea and was sentenced to time served.
They have both been handed three years’ probation and ordered to stay away from Wonder, as well as his family and co-workers.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge William C. Ryan also ordered Walker to attend mental health counseling sessions, while Diaz must complete 78 Narcotics Anonymous classes, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- 2 Chainz’s #IsThisYoThot? Lawsuit Thrown Out by Judge
- Daniel ‘Boobie’ Gibson Reacts to Keyshia Cole’s Engagement Tweet (Pic)
- Photo of Dog With Mouth Taped Shut on Facebook, Leads to Arrest of NC Woman
- Donovan McNabb Begins 18-Day Jail Sentence in Arizona
- If You Missed it, Here's the Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- 50 Cent Still Hasn’t Paid $7M Judgment to Rick Ross’ Baby Mother
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Fires Police Supt. Garry McCarthy
- Taraji P. Henson, Janelle Monae, Laila Ali Join Alicia Keys Charity as Ambassadors
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here