*Tyler Perry has cancelled his final stage tour as Madea after becoming disgusted by unauthorized promoters charging fans huge fees for fake meet and greet sessions with him.
The filmmaker recently announced that his “Madea Gets a Job” production across the U.S. this fall would be his last live show as the larger-than-life character. He was due to begin the final leg of gigs in Georgia on Thursday, Sept. 20, with dates also booked in California, Las Vegas, New York and Florida. But Perry announced today that he was pulling the plug on the whole tour.
“Unfortunately, due to circumstances that I can’t control, we’ve had to cancel this leg of the Madea Gets A Job tour,” he writes in a blog post. “Here’s why. I set a ticket price for the show starting at $25. The reason I set the price so low is so that everyone could get a chance to come out and see the show. I know how tight things are right now. I Get It! I do not tour to make a living, I tour because I love staying connected to all of you. I love seeing your faces, hearing you laugh and seeing you enjoy yourselves. It gives me great joy.”
He continues, “There are some horrible people who are pretending to be me or representing me on Facebook and charging people money to do a meet and greet on the tour… They are telling people that they are me or working for me and charging them $150 for a meet and greet after the play. Don’t Fall For This!! That’s not me.
“This is so frustrating! Why are people so evil? Why can’t people just get legitimate jobs and stop trying to do the wrong thing all the time? If they put the same amount of energy into doing the right thing as they do in doing the wrong thing they could make it. It’s so sad.
“To all of you who have bought tickets and made plans to be there I am so sorry. I really am but my hands are tied. This was the last live Madea tour and I’m super sorry that you won’t get to see it live. All refunds should be given back to you.”
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- O.J. Simpson Fuming: Women Have Stopped Sending Him Commissary Money
- Gospel Sensation Naomi B Releases New Single, ‘Break Free’ (LISTEN)
- White Police Chief Gets Home Detention for Killing Unarmed Black Man
- Casting Complete for Brandy’s New BET Series ‘Zoe Ever After’
- Rosie O’Donnell Checks Elisabeth Hasselbeck for Calling #BlackLivesMatter a Hate Group
- Perspective on Harris Co. Deputy's Death by Project 21 Member Who Served with Him
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here