*Tyler Perry has cancelled his final stage tour as Madea after becoming disgusted by unauthorized promoters charging fans huge fees for fake meet and greet sessions with him.
The filmmaker recently announced that his “Madea Gets a Job” production across the U.S. this fall would be his last live show as the larger-than-life character. He was due to begin the final leg of gigs in Georgia on Thursday, Sept. 20, with dates also booked in California, Las Vegas, New York and Florida. But Perry announced today that he was pulling the plug on the whole tour.
“Unfortunately, due to circumstances that I can’t control, we’ve had to cancel this leg of the Madea Gets A Job tour,” he writes in a blog post. “Here’s why. I set a ticket price for the show starting at $25. The reason I set the price so low is so that everyone could get a chance to come out and see the show. I know how tight things are right now. I Get It! I do not tour to make a living, I tour because I love staying connected to all of you. I love seeing your faces, hearing you laugh and seeing you enjoy yourselves. It gives me great joy.”
He continues, “There are some horrible people who are pretending to be me or representing me on Facebook and charging people money to do a meet and greet on the tour… They are telling people that they are me or working for me and charging them $150 for a meet and greet after the play. Don’t Fall For This!! That’s not me.
“This is so frustrating! Why are people so evil? Why can’t people just get legitimate jobs and stop trying to do the wrong thing all the time? If they put the same amount of energy into doing the right thing as they do in doing the wrong thing they could make it. It’s so sad.
“To all of you who have bought tickets and made plans to be there I am so sorry. I really am but my hands are tied. This was the last live Madea tour and I’m super sorry that you won’t get to see it live. All refunds should be given back to you.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Dre Starring in Apple’s First Scripted Television Series
- Cosby Rape Claims Prompt Colorado Bill to Extend Statute of Limitations
- Tax Man After Lil Wayne for $868,000
- How #BlackLivesMatter Snuck Mario Woods Protest Into Super Bowl (Watch)
- K. Michelle: Ex Lance Stephenson’s Rant Against Her Was From Hacker
- Derek Fisher Vacations with Matt Barnes Ex Gloria Govan After Knicks Boot
- Kanye West Claims Taylor Swift Gave ‘B*tch’ Lyric Her Blessing
- Nick Cannon and Stevie J Deny Acrimony During ‘Wild ‘N Out’ Taping
- $188 Million Powerball Winner, Marie Holmes, Allegedly Being Sued by Local Pastor
- Camille Cosby Must Give Deposition in Bill Cosby's Sexual Assault Case ... with Limits
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here