*Richard Williams, the 70-year-old tennis-coaching father of Serena and Venus Williams, has done it again. It being becoming a daddy at the age of 70!
This bit of info comes courtesy of Jose Lambiet’s Gossip Extra.
Jose also writes that for some reason, neither the sisters nor Richard have spoken publicly about the little boy born on the first week of the US Open, in late August.
But a close confidante of Richard tells me Williams’ 33-year-old wife and rabid tennis fan, Lakeisha, couldn’t attend the tournament won by Serena because she was recovering from the birth.
Richard’s presence at the New York City competition kicked off a round of rumors that he and his wife were split.
“That’s not what happened at all,” the source said. “She had a baby the first week of the Open.”
Richard Williams was divorced in 2002 from Oracene, the woman with whom he had Serena, 31, and Venus, 32.
Their split became official three years after Oracene turned up at a West Palm Beach hospital with three broken ribs. Nursing staff suspected were the result of domestic violence. Police looked into it, but no one was charged.
Lakeisha once owned a small grocery store near Fort Lauderdale and moved into Williams’ $750,000 home in Palm Beach Gardens in 2009. They were married two years later.
Jose says Gossip Extra left messages on Richard Williams’ cell phone, but so far they haven’t been returned.
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here