*”The X Factor” will return for its second season in the U.S. on Wednesday with Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul gone, and Britney Spears and Demi Lovato joining returning judges L.A. Reid and Simon Cowell.
But not everyone in the blogosphere has been so sure that Britney, 30, and Demi, 20, have enough talent or experience to be judging anyone’s singing.
“The truth is that Demi is so close to the demographic that is currently the landscape for pop music,” argues Reid, currently the Chairman and CEO of Epic Records. “She’s the closest to it. So she has great taste, and she really leads us. And, of course, Britney is the pop princess and has been for quite some time. Our two ladies here, they keep Simon and me on point.”
Cowell says the reason he brought the “X Factor” from the UK to the US is because he truly believes the next Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin or Mariah Carey resides somewhere in these 50 states. Below, Simon says he’s feeling pressure to make sure that “The X Factor” is the one that will find that next great vocal powerhouse — and not “The Voice” or “American Idol.”
“The X Factor’s” two-hour season premiere airs Thursday, Sept. 12, at 8 p.m. Watch a promo below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- FAMU Grad Single Mom (Taylor Hunter) Testament to Power of Perseverance
- THE (05-05-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EURweb.com Partners with Blackmon Entertainment Media on Exclusive New Media Licensing Deal
- It's GAME Time! Says Fashion Accessory Brand, Sprayground
- Trump Takes GOP Nomination; Will Black America Listen to His Presidential Plan? (Video)
- Afrika Bambaataa Now Accused of Molesting Hundreds of Boys
- Prince Offered to Mentor Chris Brown After Rihanna Incident
- OWN Staff Blindsided by Exit of Oprah’s Longtime Confident Sheri Salata (Report)
- FoxNews.Com Pulls Comment Section of Malia Obama Story After Racists Take Over
- Pres. Obama Drinks Filtered Flint Water to Show It's Safe (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here