*”The X Factor” will return for its second season in the U.S. on Wednesday with Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul gone, and Britney Spears and Demi Lovato joining returning judges L.A. Reid and Simon Cowell.
But not everyone in the blogosphere has been so sure that Britney, 30, and Demi, 20, have enough talent or experience to be judging anyone’s singing.
“The truth is that Demi is so close to the demographic that is currently the landscape for pop music,” argues Reid, currently the Chairman and CEO of Epic Records. “She’s the closest to it. So she has great taste, and she really leads us. And, of course, Britney is the pop princess and has been for quite some time. Our two ladies here, they keep Simon and me on point.”
Cowell says the reason he brought the “X Factor” from the UK to the US is because he truly believes the next Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin or Mariah Carey resides somewhere in these 50 states. Below, Simon says he’s feeling pressure to make sure that “The X Factor” is the one that will find that next great vocal powerhouse — and not “The Voice” or “American Idol.”
“The X Factor’s” two-hour season premiere airs Thursday, Sept. 12, at 8 p.m. Watch a promo below.
- Beautiful Diversity of Redheads of African Descent Documented
- Zendaya Checks Twitter Hater Who Called her Parents ‘Ugly’
- Chris Brown Rips Baby Mama for Having a BF Accused of Forgery
- Watch Serena Williams Do Her Karaoke Thing with 'The Little Mermaid'
- Who Knew?! Chris Brown Owns 14 Burger King Restaurants
- Ex-NFLer Simeon Rice Brings Thriller 'Unsullied' to Screens Nationally
- Uncle Luke Says Rappers 'Wasn't Wifin' Hoes' Before Kanye
- Louisiana Man: 'I've Never Had a Racist Bone in My Body' ... But Don't Tempt Me! (Watch)
- Derrick Rose Responds to Drugging/Rape Claims From Ex-Girlfriend
- Russell Westbrook's Weekend Plans Include Wedding to Girlfriend
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here