*”The X Factor” will return for its second season in the U.S. on Wednesday with Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul gone, and Britney Spears and Demi Lovato joining returning judges L.A. Reid and Simon Cowell.
But not everyone in the blogosphere has been so sure that Britney, 30, and Demi, 20, have enough talent or experience to be judging anyone’s singing.
“The truth is that Demi is so close to the demographic that is currently the landscape for pop music,” argues Reid, currently the Chairman and CEO of Epic Records. “She’s the closest to it. So she has great taste, and she really leads us. And, of course, Britney is the pop princess and has been for quite some time. Our two ladies here, they keep Simon and me on point.”
Cowell says the reason he brought the “X Factor” from the UK to the US is because he truly believes the next Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin or Mariah Carey resides somewhere in these 50 states. Below, Simon says he’s feeling pressure to make sure that “The X Factor” is the one that will find that next great vocal powerhouse — and not “The Voice” or “American Idol.”
“The X Factor’s” two-hour season premiere airs Thursday, Sept. 12, at 8 p.m. Watch a promo below.
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Ava DuVernay References 'Black Panther' in Support of Bree Newsome
- S.C. Legislature Has Votes to Remove Confederate Flag; KKK to Rally at Statehouse
- NBC Wants Minority Host to Replace Trump on ‘Celebrity Apprentice’?
- Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin Goes Viral with Anti-Confederate Flag Post
- Report: Tyga Fails to Pay 50K Offered to Squash Underage Sexual Battery Lawsuit
- Lee Daniels Signs Overall Deal with 20th Century Fox TV
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Reveals She’s Having Twins
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here