*”The X Factor” will return for its second season in the U.S. on Wednesday with Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul gone, and Britney Spears and Demi Lovato joining returning judges L.A. Reid and Simon Cowell.
But not everyone in the blogosphere has been so sure that Britney, 30, and Demi, 20, have enough talent or experience to be judging anyone’s singing.
“The truth is that Demi is so close to the demographic that is currently the landscape for pop music,” argues Reid, currently the Chairman and CEO of Epic Records. “She’s the closest to it. So she has great taste, and she really leads us. And, of course, Britney is the pop princess and has been for quite some time. Our two ladies here, they keep Simon and me on point.”
Cowell says the reason he brought the “X Factor” from the UK to the US is because he truly believes the next Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin or Mariah Carey resides somewhere in these 50 states. Below, Simon says he’s feeling pressure to make sure that “The X Factor” is the one that will find that next great vocal powerhouse — and not “The Voice” or “American Idol.”
“The X Factor’s” two-hour season premiere airs Thursday, Sept. 12, at 8 p.m. Watch a promo below.
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Melba Moore Defends Bill Cosby: 'Nobody's Perfect' (WATCH)
- Bobby Brown's Wife Alicia Etheredge Suffers Seizure After Funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here