*In most cases, we have no clue of what we would do when faced with an emergency.
That’s why we are eager to call someone a hero when they rise to the occasion. But one man was his own hero when he jumped up and saved his own life.
Ronnie Poe, 72, of the Bronx, was getting ready to enjoy a meal when he somehow ignited something in the kitchen and the apartment became engulfed in flames.
Poe immediately reached back to his training from the military as a paratrooper and ran for a window in his bedroom.
- Rumor or Fact? L.A. Gang Threatens to Kill 100 People in 100 Days
- POLITICO Magazine: U.S. Mayors Say Ferguson Could Also Happen in Their Cities
- New 'Legal Equalizer' App Aims to Counter Racial Profiling (WATCH)
- Martin Luther King III and Andrew Young to Attend Voting Right Press Conference
- THE (07-29-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- KDAY 93.5 FM Hosts ‘Uplifting Minds II’ National Talent Showcase Competition Saturday, October 24 at the Celebrity Centre in Hollywood
- Reggie Jackson Apologizes for Profane Outburst Against Fans
- 'Empire' Costars Trai Byers and Grace Gealey Set to be Married
- More Sandra Bland Video Released to Prove She Arrived Alive At Jail
- Netflix Announces Mike Epps Special, 'Chelsea Handler Does Racism’, More at TCA Press Tour
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here