*After snippets had begun to surface online, “Skyfall,” Adele’s title song for the new James Bond film of the same name, has officially premiered in its entirety.
The single was originally scheduled to be unleashed Thursday (Oct. 4) at 7:07 p.m. ET (or 0:07 a.m. in the U.K. ) but a French radio station jumped the gun, so to speak, and posted “Skyfall” earlier in the day.
The version posted to the Adele’s YouTube channel, below, features an animation based on the song’s cover art, and incorporates some of the song’s lyrics.
“Skyfall” has been described in reviews as a 1960s throwback, “back when Bond themes like “Goldfinger” were smooth, seductive and larger than life,” notes the Hollywood Reporter.
Adele wrote the song with Paul Epsworth — a top songwriter and producer who has also worked with Cee Lo Green and Florence and the Machine, among others — after the reading the script.
“I was a little hesitant at first to be involved with the theme song for Skyfall,” she says in a statement. “There’s a lot of instant spotlight and pressure when it comes to a Bond song. But I fell in love with the script and Paul had some great ideas for the track and it ended up being a bit of a no-brainer to do it in the end.”
Of recording with a 77-piece orchestra at Abbey Road Studios in London, Adele admits, “When we recorded the strings, it was one of the proudest moments of my life. I’ll be back combing my hair when I’m 60 telling people I was a Bond girl back in the day, I’m sure!”
Directed by Sam Mendes, “Skyfall” opens in the U.S. on Nov. 9th.
Listen to Adele’s “Skyfall” below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here