Yes, Carlton Banks, er, actually Alfonso Ribeiro, who played Carlton on the very popular 1990s TV series “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” starring Will Smith, got married on Saturday.
The actor wed fiancée Angela Unkrich in California, confirms People. The couple became engaged in July.
For Ribiero this is his second marriage. He has a 9-year-old daughter named Sienna with ex-wife Robin Stapler. He and Unkrich, 31, were engaged in July.
Ribeiro, 41, first came to fame as a child star in the ’80s, dancing in a Pepsi commercial with Michael Jackson and playing Rick Schroder’s sidekick on the sitcom “Silver Spoons” from 1984 to 1987.
But his signature role thus far has been his portrayal of the spoiled Carlton Banks opposite Smith on “The Fresh Prince.” And of course the Carlton character’s dorky “Carlton dance” moves to the Tom Jones hit “It’s Not Unusual” became a favorite of viewers as well.
- Jordan Flaherty Explores Racial and Economic Justice Issues in New Documentary Series
- THE (07-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- See the Highly Anticipated WGN Thriller 'Underground' at the 2015 Essence Festival with Jurnee Smollett and Show's Other Stars
- OWN's 'The Haves and the Have Nots' Set Ratings Records
- Why Aren't Our Black Celebrities Supporting Black Theatre ... Financially?
- Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Busted Smuggling Shank Into Rikers
- B.Scott Accompanies Laverne Cox to BET Awards
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here