*When we first heard that Mike Vick had gone through nearly $30 million since his 2008 bankruptcy filing, we thought we’d have to add his name to ever growing list of (black) athletes who blow their fortunes.
However, the Philadelphia Eagles quarterback has a happy ending in store. Just read on.
Michael Vick has blown through nearly $30 million since filing for bankruptcy in 2008 — nearly 95% of his total income, TMZ has learned.
According to legal docs filed in his bankruptcy case, Vick made $31 million since he went belly up — that includes his Eagles salary and various endorsements and other business ventures.
The math is pretty simple — Vick had to pay a total of $29.6 mil — of that, $10.9 went to taxes, $9.2 mil went to creditors, $2.7 went to lawyers and accountants, and the rest is for various things, including child support and living expenses.
All tolled, Vick is now left with around $1.5 mil. That’s nothing to sneeze at, but considering what he made it’s pretty shocking.
So there you have it, but as we said at the top, things are not all bad for Vick. He signed a 6 year, $100 million contract in 2011 with almost $40 mil in guaranteed money. Not to worry, he won’t be poor — in rich terms — for much longer.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here