*When we first heard that Mike Vick had gone through nearly $30 million since his 2008 bankruptcy filing, we thought we’d have to add his name to ever growing list of (black) athletes who blow their fortunes.
However, the Philadelphia Eagles quarterback has a happy ending in store. Just read on.
Michael Vick has blown through nearly $30 million since filing for bankruptcy in 2008 — nearly 95% of his total income, TMZ has learned.
According to legal docs filed in his bankruptcy case, Vick made $31 million since he went belly up — that includes his Eagles salary and various endorsements and other business ventures.
The math is pretty simple — Vick had to pay a total of $29.6 mil — of that, $10.9 went to taxes, $9.2 mil went to creditors, $2.7 went to lawyers and accountants, and the rest is for various things, including child support and living expenses.
All tolled, Vick is now left with around $1.5 mil. That’s nothing to sneeze at, but considering what he made it’s pretty shocking.
So there you have it, but as we said at the top, things are not all bad for Vick. He signed a 6 year, $100 million contract in 2011 with almost $40 mil in guaranteed money. Not to worry, he won’t be poor — in rich terms — for much longer.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here