*(New York, NY) – Nineteen-time GRAMMY® Award winner and music icon Aretha Franklin packed an out-of-season Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort at the Mark G. Etess Arena on Saturday night in Atlantic City.
The Press of Atlantic City headline reads “Aretha Franklin pleases Atlantic City crowd.” Vincent Jackson of the Press of Atlantic City states “[Aretha] Franklin was singing her heart out to the delight of the thousands in the audience.”
During her 85 minute set, Franklin performed several of her classic hits from the Atlantic Records days, including “Chain of Fools,” “Something He Can Feel,” “Respect,” “Day Dreaming,” “I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You),” “Oh Me Oh My (I’m a Fool for You Baby)” and numerous others. Franklin also performed some jazz standards and some of her favorite gospel songs.
Aretha also performed a special tribute to the late Whitney Houston with her rendition of “I Will Always Love You.” Franklin said that Houston was “one of the finest singers who ever stepped in front of a microphone. She was my Christian sister.”
This fall, Aretha Franklin continues her busy tour schedule, including East Coast dates at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center (November 10) and the Westchester County Center (November 13).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- 'Wendy's Style Squad' Coming to BET
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy Scraps With 3 Off-Duty Cops Over Bubbly
- Flavor Flav to Face Vegas Judge in DUI Case
- TV One's 'News Now' Devotes Show to NAACP Image Awards
- Derek Fisher Fired As Head Coach of the Knicks
- Claudia Jordan on Jealous 'The Next :15' Cast & Calling Black Women 'Monkeys' [EUR Exclusive]
- Could Whoopi Goldberg’s ‘Slave’ Mentality Get Her Fired From ‘The View’?
- Angry Tweets Force Twitter CEO Urge Calmness, Not Much Will Change
- Secret Chapter 13 Filing Puts Tyga in Bankrupt Mode
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here