*(New York, NY) – Nineteen-time GRAMMY® Award winner and music icon Aretha Franklin packed an out-of-season Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort at the Mark G. Etess Arena on Saturday night in Atlantic City.
The Press of Atlantic City headline reads “Aretha Franklin pleases Atlantic City crowd.” Vincent Jackson of the Press of Atlantic City states “[Aretha] Franklin was singing her heart out to the delight of the thousands in the audience.”
During her 85 minute set, Franklin performed several of her classic hits from the Atlantic Records days, including “Chain of Fools,” “Something He Can Feel,” “Respect,” “Day Dreaming,” “I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You),” “Oh Me Oh My (I’m a Fool for You Baby)” and numerous others. Franklin also performed some jazz standards and some of her favorite gospel songs.
Aretha also performed a special tribute to the late Whitney Houston with her rendition of “I Will Always Love You.” Franklin said that Houston was “one of the finest singers who ever stepped in front of a microphone. She was my Christian sister.”
This fall, Aretha Franklin continues her busy tour schedule, including East Coast dates at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center (November 10) and the Westchester County Center (November 13).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Kerry Washington Gives Props to her Hubby: ‘The Real Gladiator’
- Look! Patti LaBelle and James Wright Chanel Together Eatin', Dancin & Singin' (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Thousands of Protesters Disrupt Black Friday in Chicago
- Toronto Raptors Milk ‘Hotline Bling’ During Drake Night (Video)
- Corey Morgan Charged in Brutal Killing of 9-Year-Old Tyshawn Lee
- Black Friday Fights 2015 - The Best Of...So Far (Watch)
- Traci Braxton on 'The Real' to Deny Beef with Tamar (WATCH)
- Romeo Miller Responds to Mother Suing Him with Emotional Letter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here