*(New York, NY) – Nineteen-time GRAMMY® Award winner and music icon Aretha Franklin packed an out-of-season Trump Taj Mahal Casino Resort at the Mark G. Etess Arena on Saturday night in Atlantic City.
The Press of Atlantic City headline reads “Aretha Franklin pleases Atlantic City crowd.” Vincent Jackson of the Press of Atlantic City states “[Aretha] Franklin was singing her heart out to the delight of the thousands in the audience.”
During her 85 minute set, Franklin performed several of her classic hits from the Atlantic Records days, including “Chain of Fools,” “Something He Can Feel,” “Respect,” “Day Dreaming,” “I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You),” “Oh Me Oh My (I’m a Fool for You Baby)” and numerous others. Franklin also performed some jazz standards and some of her favorite gospel songs.
Aretha also performed a special tribute to the late Whitney Houston with her rendition of “I Will Always Love You.” Franklin said that Houston was “one of the finest singers who ever stepped in front of a microphone. She was my Christian sister.”
This fall, Aretha Franklin continues her busy tour schedule, including East Coast dates at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center (November 10) and the Westchester County Center (November 13).
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- HUD to Sue Landlords if They Deny Housing Over Criminal Records
- Wendy Williams, Steve Harvey, 'The Real' Score Emmy Nominations
- Fetty Wap Sends 'Wake Up' Message to Graduates
- John Wayne's Racist Comments Kill Official Recognition in California Assembly
- Dr. Phil Talks Prince, Nick Gordon & Prescription Drug Epidemic (WATCH)
- THE (04-29-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Beyoncé Partners with Amex & Uber for 'Formation' Fan Experience
- Prince Family Money Fight! Sister Tyka Storms Out of Meeting
- Six Year Old Starved by Parents Forced to Eat Hot Dog Smoothies (Video)
- Master P's Ex Has 'Stripper' Goals - Meet Ayesha Curry's Alter Ego
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here