*Besides heaping billions of dollars in damage on New Jersey, super storm Sandy is also the source of some serious political drama in the Garden State as well.
Yesterday, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie said Atlantic City Mayor Lorenzo Langford failed to properly encourage residents to evacuate his city in the face of flooding from Hurricane Sandy.
Upon hearing of Christie’s comments, Mayor Langford says he’d love nothing better than to confront the Governor “mano-a-mano.”
Speaking on NBC’s “Today” show Tuesday, Langford disputed Christie’s criticism that he (Langford) erred by allowing people to shelter on the barrier island rather than moving them inland.
Langford says the governor was either misinformed or ill-advised.
The mayor says while most Atlantic City residents fled the island, some decided to stay. He also said the city had a contingency plan in place for those who didn’t heed the warning to evacuate.
Langford says it’s reprehensible that the governor would try to play politics out of a serious situation.
Watch/listen to Mayor Langford’s coversation about the issue with Matt Lauer:
- Former NBA Star Darryl Dawkins (Chocolate Thunder) Dies at 58
- Chris Brown Tattoos Huge Bull on Other Side of his Head
- Judge Joe Brown in Jail for Contempt of Court (Listen to Him Challenge the Judge)
- Christina Milian Mourns Death of Newborn Nephew
- Spike Lee to Receive Honorary Academy Award
- IK Enemkpali Once Punched Man He Thought Was a Female Prostitute
- Hillary Clinton Disrupted by #BlackLivesMatter Protesters in Cleveland (Video)
- Ex NFLer Jonathan Martin Talks of Suicide Attempts, Never Being ‘Black Enough’
- Angie Stone & Daughter Address Violent Fight with T.D. Jakes (WATCH)
- MSNBC Moves Rev. Al Sharpton’s ‘PoliticsNation’ to Sunday Mornings
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here