*Besides heaping billions of dollars in damage on New Jersey, super storm Sandy is also the source of some serious political drama in the Garden State as well.
Yesterday, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie said Atlantic City Mayor Lorenzo Langford failed to properly encourage residents to evacuate his city in the face of flooding from Hurricane Sandy.
Upon hearing of Christie’s comments, Mayor Langford says he’d love nothing better than to confront the Governor “mano-a-mano.”
Speaking on NBC’s “Today” show Tuesday, Langford disputed Christie’s criticism that he (Langford) erred by allowing people to shelter on the barrier island rather than moving them inland.
Langford says the governor was either misinformed or ill-advised.
The mayor says while most Atlantic City residents fled the island, some decided to stay. He also said the city had a contingency plan in place for those who didn’t heed the warning to evacuate.
Langford says it’s reprehensible that the governor would try to play politics out of a serious situation.
Watch/listen to Mayor Langford’s coversation about the issue with Matt Lauer:
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here