*Besides heaping billions of dollars in damage on New Jersey, super storm Sandy is also the source of some serious political drama in the Garden State as well.
Yesterday, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie said Atlantic City Mayor Lorenzo Langford failed to properly encourage residents to evacuate his city in the face of flooding from Hurricane Sandy.
Upon hearing of Christie’s comments, Mayor Langford says he’d love nothing better than to confront the Governor “mano-a-mano.”
Speaking on NBC’s “Today” show Tuesday, Langford disputed Christie’s criticism that he (Langford) erred by allowing people to shelter on the barrier island rather than moving them inland.
Langford says the governor was either misinformed or ill-advised.
The mayor says while most Atlantic City residents fled the island, some decided to stay. He also said the city had a contingency plan in place for those who didn’t heed the warning to evacuate.
Langford says it’s reprehensible that the governor would try to play politics out of a serious situation.
Watch/listen to Mayor Langford’s coversation about the issue with Matt Lauer:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here