*Besides heaping billions of dollars in damage on New Jersey, super storm Sandy is also the source of some serious political drama in the Garden State as well.
Yesterday, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie said Atlantic City Mayor Lorenzo Langford failed to properly encourage residents to evacuate his city in the face of flooding from Hurricane Sandy.
Upon hearing of Christie’s comments, Mayor Langford says he’d love nothing better than to confront the Governor “mano-a-mano.”
Speaking on NBC’s “Today” show Tuesday, Langford disputed Christie’s criticism that he (Langford) erred by allowing people to shelter on the barrier island rather than moving them inland.
Langford says the governor was either misinformed or ill-advised.
The mayor says while most Atlantic City residents fled the island, some decided to stay. He also said the city had a contingency plan in place for those who didn’t heed the warning to evacuate.
Langford says it’s reprehensible that the governor would try to play politics out of a serious situation.
Watch/listen to Mayor Langford’s coversation about the issue with Matt Lauer:
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-31-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan Involves Eating 10 Pounds of Food Everyday
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here