*NY rapper Azealia Banks just brought Dolce & Gabbana’s new racially-insensitive clothing and accessory line back into the headlines with a series of tweets.
A month after the Italian design house’s controversial spring 2013 collection made its debut at Milan Fashion Week, Banks took to Twitter this past weekend to say she is boycotting the line over its imagery.
“Definitely boycotting Dolce & Gabanna,” she tweeted. “Whoever designed that racist ass Dolce and Gabanna collection needs a swift kick in the mouth and a big d**k up the ass.
“I really hate when people do corny, racist things then try to justify it as ‘art.'”
“It’s all just really unnecessary. the clothes in the collection were fine without all the ‘black mammie’ imagery.”
View pics from the collection below.
Banks, currently the face of T by Alexander Wang, also tweeted Dolce & Gabbana directly, saying: “you guys should be so ashamed of yourselves.”
The rapper recently completed a sell-out tour of the UK and is working on her debut album “Broke With Expensive Taste.” The album is due out early next year.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyler Perry Upgrades Like a Boss; Takes a Hit with Buckhead Mansion Sale (Report)
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here