*NY rapper Azealia Banks just brought Dolce & Gabbana’s new racially-insensitive clothing and accessory line back into the headlines with a series of tweets.
A month after the Italian design house’s controversial spring 2013 collection made its debut at Milan Fashion Week, Banks took to Twitter this past weekend to say she is boycotting the line over its imagery.
“Definitely boycotting Dolce & Gabanna,” she tweeted. “Whoever designed that racist ass Dolce and Gabanna collection needs a swift kick in the mouth and a big d**k up the ass.
“I really hate when people do corny, racist things then try to justify it as ‘art.'”
“It’s all just really unnecessary. the clothes in the collection were fine without all the ‘black mammie’ imagery.”
View pics from the collection below.
Banks, currently the face of T by Alexander Wang, also tweeted Dolce & Gabbana directly, saying: “you guys should be so ashamed of yourselves.”
The rapper recently completed a sell-out tour of the UK and is working on her debut album “Broke With Expensive Taste.” The album is due out early next year.
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Black Lives Matter Interview with Lucy McBath
- Congresswoman Waters Applauds U.S.-Cuba Agreement to Open Embassies
- A Camping Checklist for the Prepared Parent
- Surprise! Prince Drops New Sexy Song: 'HardRockLover' (LISTEN)
- The Drought and Fireworks!
- Jordan Flaherty Explores Racial and Economic Justice Issues in New Documentary Series
- THE (07-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- See the Highly Anticipated WGN Thriller 'Underground' at the 2015 Essence Festival with Jurnee Smollett and Show's Other Stars
- OWN's 'The Haves and the Have Nots' Set Ratings Records
- Why Aren't Our Black Celebrities Supporting Black Theatre ... Financially?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here