*NY rapper Azealia Banks just brought Dolce & Gabbana’s new racially-insensitive clothing and accessory line back into the headlines with a series of tweets.
A month after the Italian design house’s controversial spring 2013 collection made its debut at Milan Fashion Week, Banks took to Twitter this past weekend to say she is boycotting the line over its imagery.
“Definitely boycotting Dolce & Gabanna,” she tweeted. “Whoever designed that racist ass Dolce and Gabanna collection needs a swift kick in the mouth and a big d**k up the ass.
“I really hate when people do corny, racist things then try to justify it as ‘art.'”
“It’s all just really unnecessary. the clothes in the collection were fine without all the ‘black mammie’ imagery.”
View pics from the collection below.
Banks, currently the face of T by Alexander Wang, also tweeted Dolce & Gabbana directly, saying: “you guys should be so ashamed of yourselves.”
The rapper recently completed a sell-out tour of the UK and is working on her debut album “Broke With Expensive Taste.” The album is due out early next year.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Coastal Town Being 'Targeted' by Great White Sharks
- NFL Great Jim Brown Celebrates 80th Birthday with Celebs and Family
- Meek Mill Sentenced to House Arrest & Six Years Probation
- Funnee: Will and Jada Called Out for Starting 'Ish' (WATCH)
- Kenya Moore Explains Why Cynthia Bailey 'Deeply Hurt Me' on 'RHOA'
- Agents of Change Docu Is Centerpiece Film At PAFF
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- EUR Exclusive First Look Clip: Robert Townsend's 'Playin' for Love'
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here