*NY rapper Azealia Banks just brought Dolce & Gabbana’s new racially-insensitive clothing and accessory line back into the headlines with a series of tweets.
A month after the Italian design house’s controversial spring 2013 collection made its debut at Milan Fashion Week, Banks took to Twitter this past weekend to say she is boycotting the line over its imagery.
“Definitely boycotting Dolce & Gabanna,” she tweeted. “Whoever designed that racist ass Dolce and Gabanna collection needs a swift kick in the mouth and a big d**k up the ass.
“I really hate when people do corny, racist things then try to justify it as ‘art.'”
“It’s all just really unnecessary. the clothes in the collection were fine without all the ‘black mammie’ imagery.”
View pics from the collection below.
Banks, currently the face of T by Alexander Wang, also tweeted Dolce & Gabbana directly, saying: “you guys should be so ashamed of yourselves.”
The rapper recently completed a sell-out tour of the UK and is working on her debut album “Broke With Expensive Taste.” The album is due out early next year.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here