When they do not, neighbors complain because all properties depreciate when the property is not maintained.
In most cases, homeowners have a sense of pride about their property and the community it’s in, so most owners take care of their property.
The banks don’t have any sense of community though. And it appears that when they confiscate their properties from those who cannot pay them, they let the property sit…if it’s in an African American or Latino neighborhood.
But one nonprofit group that supports fair housing has filed a lawsuit against Bank of America for neither marketing nor maintaining those specific properties is calling them on their lack of action and have filed a lawsuit against the banking behemoth.
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here