When they do not, neighbors complain because all properties depreciate when the property is not maintained.
In most cases, homeowners have a sense of pride about their property and the community it’s in, so most owners take care of their property.
The banks don’t have any sense of community though. And it appears that when they confiscate their properties from those who cannot pay them, they let the property sit…if it’s in an African American or Latino neighborhood.
But one nonprofit group that supports fair housing has filed a lawsuit against Bank of America for neither marketing nor maintaining those specific properties is calling them on their lack of action and have filed a lawsuit against the banking behemoth.
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here