When they do not, neighbors complain because all properties depreciate when the property is not maintained.
In most cases, homeowners have a sense of pride about their property and the community it’s in, so most owners take care of their property.
The banks don’t have any sense of community though. And it appears that when they confiscate their properties from those who cannot pay them, they let the property sit…if it’s in an African American or Latino neighborhood.
But one nonprofit group that supports fair housing has filed a lawsuit against Bank of America for neither marketing nor maintaining those specific properties is calling them on their lack of action and have filed a lawsuit against the banking behemoth.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep9) Sinned Against
- Jason Kidd Suspended for Slapping Ball Out of Ref’s Hand (Watch)
- Mariah Carey, Ex-Husband Nick Cannon Spend Thanksgiving Together
- Siri Gives Taraji P. Henson Attitude in New Apple Music Ad
- Provocative New Ebook Details Trump and the GOP’s Race Baiting History and the White House Race
- Put the 'Black' Back in 'Black Friday'
- Kerry Washington Gives Props to her Hubby: ‘The Real Gladiator’
- Look! Patti LaBelle and James Wright Chanel Together Eatin', Dancin & Singin' (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Thousands of Protesters Disrupt Black Friday in Chicago
- Toronto Raptors Milk ‘Hotline Bling’ During Drake Night (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here