On Wednesday’s “The View,” the ladies discussed the backlash the actress received for going ‘to the other side.’
Barbara Walters made a legitimate point, arguing that if Stacey was white, she wouldn’t have endured such a negative response, which is probably true.
Whoopi Goldberg agreed, comparing the incident to the threats made against Bristol Palin.
“In America, where we all live,” Goldberg said, “we have the right to say, ‘Listen, I have a different opinion’ — without having some bonehead sitting in their house talking about, ‘You should be thinking like I think.’ No! That’s not America.”
Right, not every black person is going to support the black man in the house. And every black person isn’t a Democrat. Preach.
Barbara even asked, “Is this because it’s expected that all black people will be Democrats?”
“It’s because people have gotten so solidified in left and right that they’ve forgotten that there is a middle,” Goldberg argued. “I don’t know that it’s about race because what I’ve discovered on Twitter is that not everybody who says they are what they are, is what they are.”
Barbara asserted that Stacey is getting such a hassle over her political stance because she’s black and that black people feel betrayed.
What do you think?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here