On Wednesday’s “The View,” the ladies discussed the backlash the actress received for going ‘to the other side.’
Barbara Walters made a legitimate point, arguing that if Stacey was white, she wouldn’t have endured such a negative response, which is probably true.
Whoopi Goldberg agreed, comparing the incident to the threats made against Bristol Palin.
“In America, where we all live,” Goldberg said, “we have the right to say, ‘Listen, I have a different opinion’ — without having some bonehead sitting in their house talking about, ‘You should be thinking like I think.’ No! That’s not America.”
Right, not every black person is going to support the black man in the house. And every black person isn’t a Democrat. Preach.
Barbara even asked, “Is this because it’s expected that all black people will be Democrats?”
“It’s because people have gotten so solidified in left and right that they’ve forgotten that there is a middle,” Goldberg argued. “I don’t know that it’s about race because what I’ve discovered on Twitter is that not everybody who says they are what they are, is what they are.”
Barbara asserted that Stacey is getting such a hassle over her political stance because she’s black and that black people feel betrayed.
What do you think?
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here