On Wednesday’s “The View,” the ladies discussed the backlash the actress received for going ‘to the other side.’
Barbara Walters made a legitimate point, arguing that if Stacey was white, she wouldn’t have endured such a negative response, which is probably true.
Whoopi Goldberg agreed, comparing the incident to the threats made against Bristol Palin.
“In America, where we all live,” Goldberg said, “we have the right to say, ‘Listen, I have a different opinion’ — without having some bonehead sitting in their house talking about, ‘You should be thinking like I think.’ No! That’s not America.”
Right, not every black person is going to support the black man in the house. And every black person isn’t a Democrat. Preach.
Barbara even asked, “Is this because it’s expected that all black people will be Democrats?”
“It’s because people have gotten so solidified in left and right that they’ve forgotten that there is a middle,” Goldberg argued. “I don’t know that it’s about race because what I’ve discovered on Twitter is that not everybody who says they are what they are, is what they are.”
Barbara asserted that Stacey is getting such a hassle over her political stance because she’s black and that black people feel betrayed.
What do you think?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship (EUR Exclusive)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here