On Wednesday’s “The View,” the ladies discussed the backlash the actress received for going ‘to the other side.’
Barbara Walters made a legitimate point, arguing that if Stacey was white, she wouldn’t have endured such a negative response, which is probably true.
Whoopi Goldberg agreed, comparing the incident to the threats made against Bristol Palin.
“In America, where we all live,” Goldberg said, “we have the right to say, ‘Listen, I have a different opinion’ — without having some bonehead sitting in their house talking about, ‘You should be thinking like I think.’ No! That’s not America.”
Right, not every black person is going to support the black man in the house. And every black person isn’t a Democrat. Preach.
Barbara even asked, “Is this because it’s expected that all black people will be Democrats?”
“It’s because people have gotten so solidified in left and right that they’ve forgotten that there is a middle,” Goldberg argued. “I don’t know that it’s about race because what I’ve discovered on Twitter is that not everybody who says they are what they are, is what they are.”
Barbara asserted that Stacey is getting such a hassle over her political stance because she’s black and that black people feel betrayed.
What do you think?
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here