Charlie Jordan Brookins, BET’s SVP of original programming stated, “We are trying to bring (spiritual themes) into the fabric of our programming in general.”
It was previously reported that BET had optioned the rights to Reshonda Tate Billingsley’s novel “Let the Church Say Amen.” The film directed by Regina King and starring Lela Rochon and Steve Harris has begun shooting in Atlanta.
But it’s been announced that BET optioned the rights to three additional faith based novels by the author (Billingsley) as well: “I Know I’ve Been Changed,” “Everybody Say Amen,” and “Say Amen Again.”
Queen Latifah’s Flavor Unit will continue to produce the tele-pic franchise. “Everybody Say Amen,” and “Say Amen Again” revisits the original church family featured in the film “Let the Church Say Amen.” So we can assume we may see members of the original casts in its sequels.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Music Exec Salutes Billy Paul & Luther Vandross
- Before Muhammad Ali's Death, Son Says 'Evil Stepmom' Kept Him Prisoner
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young Because He Impregnated His Ex
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here