Charlie Jordan Brookins, BET’s SVP of original programming stated, “We are trying to bring (spiritual themes) into the fabric of our programming in general.”
It was previously reported that BET had optioned the rights to Reshonda Tate Billingsley’s novel “Let the Church Say Amen.” The film directed by Regina King and starring Lela Rochon and Steve Harris has begun shooting in Atlanta.
But it’s been announced that BET optioned the rights to three additional faith based novels by the author (Billingsley) as well: “I Know I’ve Been Changed,” “Everybody Say Amen,” and “Say Amen Again.”
Queen Latifah’s Flavor Unit will continue to produce the tele-pic franchise. “Everybody Say Amen,” and “Say Amen Again” revisits the original church family featured in the film “Let the Church Say Amen.” So we can assume we may see members of the original casts in its sequels.
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Prosecutors to Seek Death Penalty for Charleston Church Shooter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here