Charlie Jordan Brookins, BET’s SVP of original programming stated, “We are trying to bring (spiritual themes) into the fabric of our programming in general.”
It was previously reported that BET had optioned the rights to Reshonda Tate Billingsley’s novel “Let the Church Say Amen.” The film directed by Regina King and starring Lela Rochon and Steve Harris has begun shooting in Atlanta.
But it’s been announced that BET optioned the rights to three additional faith based novels by the author (Billingsley) as well: “I Know I’ve Been Changed,” “Everybody Say Amen,” and “Say Amen Again.”
Queen Latifah’s Flavor Unit will continue to produce the tele-pic franchise. “Everybody Say Amen,” and “Say Amen Again” revisits the original church family featured in the film “Let the Church Say Amen.” So we can assume we may see members of the original casts in its sequels.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Lil Wayne Says Birdman Stiffed Drake, Nicki Minaj Out of Money
- Cosmo Blasted for Declaring Kardashians 'America's First Family'
- TV One to Re-Air Original ‘Roots’; Louis Gossett Jr. Reminisces: ‘We Stopped the World’
- Parents of Bullied Boy Who Committed Suicide, Sue Florida School District
- Debbi Morgan to Play Toni Braxton’s Mom Evelyn in Lifetime Biopic; Full Cast Announced
- Wanda Sykes Cast in ABC's ‘Black-ish’, Showtime's 'House of Lies'
- Gabrielle Union to Star in ‘A Meyers Christmas’ for Universal
- Matt Barnes Still Swears He Had Something With Rihanna: ‘I’m Too Grown to Lie’
- Damien Sneed Performs During International Breast Cancer Awareness Week in Spain
- Bobby Shurmda Denied Bail, Will Stay in Jail Until Feb Trial Date
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here