Charlie Jordan Brookins, BET’s SVP of original programming stated, “We are trying to bring (spiritual themes) into the fabric of our programming in general.”
It was previously reported that BET had optioned the rights to Reshonda Tate Billingsley’s novel “Let the Church Say Amen.” The film directed by Regina King and starring Lela Rochon and Steve Harris has begun shooting in Atlanta.
But it’s been announced that BET optioned the rights to three additional faith based novels by the author (Billingsley) as well: “I Know I’ve Been Changed,” “Everybody Say Amen,” and “Say Amen Again.”
Queen Latifah’s Flavor Unit will continue to produce the tele-pic franchise. “Everybody Say Amen,” and “Say Amen Again” revisits the original church family featured in the film “Let the Church Say Amen.” So we can assume we may see members of the original casts in its sequels.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here