Charlie Jordan Brookins, BET’s SVP of original programming stated, “We are trying to bring (spiritual themes) into the fabric of our programming in general.”
It was previously reported that BET had optioned the rights to Reshonda Tate Billingsley’s novel “Let the Church Say Amen.” The film directed by Regina King and starring Lela Rochon and Steve Harris has begun shooting in Atlanta.
But it’s been announced that BET optioned the rights to three additional faith based novels by the author (Billingsley) as well: “I Know I’ve Been Changed,” “Everybody Say Amen,” and “Say Amen Again.”
Queen Latifah’s Flavor Unit will continue to produce the tele-pic franchise. “Everybody Say Amen,” and “Say Amen Again” revisits the original church family featured in the film “Let the Church Say Amen.” So we can assume we may see members of the original casts in its sequels.
- Bobby Shmurda's Girlfriend Busted Smuggling Shank Into Rikers
- B.Scott Accompanies Laverne Cox to BET Awards
- Nick Cannon Weighs in on Mariah Carey and her New Man
- Jason Derulo Misjudged Potential of New Song ‘Want to Want Me’
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here