VH1, which used to have a reputation for being racist, is on top for its plethora of black-cast reality television shows.
Now say what you want about the drama, shame and disgust the shows display, but the network knows what to do to make that money; whereas, BET is still struggling to keep its black audience.
Strangely enough, the networks are owned by one company, but don’t get the same results.
Critics say since the station was sold to Viacom in 2003, it has struggled to make a significant impact with audiences. Reality television hasn’t been much of a niche for BET, trying to reel in some success with “College Hill.” But even that show was like a knockoff of MTV’s long running and highly successful, “The Real World.”
Like EURweb on Facebook
However, celebrity reality bits like Keyshia Cole and Tameka “Tiny” Cottle have given the people what they want. But nothing seems to last.
What could the issue be?
Bad programming? Lack of unique ideas? Lack of a real identity? Terrible graphics?
Read/learn more at Madame Noire.
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- The Wiz Casting, Bobbi Kristina, Racial Profiling App, Janet Jackson & More| BHL
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here