*Alicia Keys and Dionne Warwick will be honored as black women who “rock” on BET.
The “Black Girls Rock!” special, which honors the accomplishments of black women, returns to the network on Nov. 4; the actual ceremony will be held Oct. 13 in the Bronx, N.Y., with actresses Tracee Ellis Ross and Regina King returning as hosts.
Warwick will be honored as “living legend;” Keys will receive the “rock star” award.
“Scandal” actress Kerry Washington will receive the “star power” award, while journalist Susan Taylor and Somali activist Dr. Hawa Abdi will also be honored.
The awards are an offshoot of the organization Black Girls Rock!, created by DJ Beverly Bond to promote positive images of black women.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rapper Troy Ave Arrested in T.I. Concert Shooting; New Video Allegedly Shows Him Opening Fire (Watch)
- Racist Chinese Detergent Ad Washes the Black Off of Black Man (Watch)
- Alicia Keys to Make History with San Siro Performance
- Spelling Bee Kids Dab Their Way Through Early Rounds (Watch)
- Venus and Serena Advance With Identical Singles Scores at French Open
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here