*You knew this was coming.
“Sesame Street” star Big Bird was sucked into the first presidential debate last week when Republican nominee Mitt Romney said that although he liked the popular character, he would end the government’s subsidy to PBS if he were elected.
Now, a group supporting President Obama has put Big Bird into a new ad pointing out the absurdity of suggesting that an end to Big Bird’s paychecks would even make a dent in lowering the nation’s debt.
The ad starts off by naming the lovable yellow Muppet among Wall Street’s most notorious criminals, such as Bernie Madoff and Dennis Kozlowski.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- 'Roots' Star Anika Noni Rose: 'We Need To Hear About Our Holocaust' [EUR Exclusive]
- Kelly Rowland Talks Beyonce, Being 'Psycho' Mom, Her Mother's Death (Watch)
- Are Micro-credentials the Next Best Thing for a CV? (Infographic)
- Tamar Braxton Fired, BET Award Nominations, Madonna Prince Tribute and More! | BHL's This Week
- TV One Renews Docu-Series 'Rickey Smiley For Real'
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here