*You knew this was coming.
“Sesame Street” star Big Bird was sucked into the first presidential debate last week when Republican nominee Mitt Romney said that although he liked the popular character, he would end the government’s subsidy to PBS if he were elected.
Now, a group supporting President Obama has put Big Bird into a new ad pointing out the absurdity of suggesting that an end to Big Bird’s paychecks would even make a dent in lowering the nation’s debt.
The ad starts off by naming the lovable yellow Muppet among Wall Street’s most notorious criminals, such as Bernie Madoff and Dennis Kozlowski.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Steve Harvey’s Mentorship Program Empowers 220 Fatherless Males
- Michelle Obama and Daughters Sasha, Malia Head to Africa
- The Story Behind Jill Scott's Surprise Marriage (VIDEOS)
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Zoe Saldana to 'Nina' Critics: 'Don’t Address Me with Such Disdain'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here