*You knew this was coming.
“Sesame Street” star Big Bird was sucked into the first presidential debate last week when Republican nominee Mitt Romney said that although he liked the popular character, he would end the government’s subsidy to PBS if he were elected.
Now, a group supporting President Obama has put Big Bird into a new ad pointing out the absurdity of suggesting that an end to Big Bird’s paychecks would even make a dent in lowering the nation’s debt.
The ad starts off by naming the lovable yellow Muppet among Wall Street’s most notorious criminals, such as Bernie Madoff and Dennis Kozlowski.
- BET Awards Fashion on Fleek (Watch)
- ‘Star Trek's’ George Takei: Clarence Thomas is ‘A Clown in Blackface’ (WATCH)
- Shocking Radiation Experiments on Black Children Left Holes in Head (Watch)
- Lupita Nyong’o Joins the Fight Against Elephant Poaching
- Tiger Woods in Denial Mode About Affair with Fellow Golfer’s Ex-Wife
- Jesse Jackson Blasts Twitter for Lack of Black and Minority Employees
- TMZ Claims Someone is Shopping Bobbi Kristina's Death Bed Photo
- Dwyane Wade Resigns with the Miami Heat.
- Red, White, and Bruised: Decades of Mistreatment Spark Anti-Patriotic Outrage Among Black Americans
- Charlene Crowell: SCOTUS Ruling Preserves Key Fair Housing Tool
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here