*(Via MTV News) – Natina Reed of late-’90s girl group Blaque was killed early Saturday (October 27) in Atlanta in a hit-and-run accident as she was crossing the street, according to tweets from those close to her, including group member Brandi Williams.
Reed is best known as one-third of the Atlanta-based girl act, who achieved success for their hits “808” and “Bring It All to Me,” which featured ‘NSYNC’s JC Chasez. The rapper also parlayed her musical success into an acting career, starring in the 2000 hit comedy “Bring It On” along with her group members.
Reed would have turned 33 on Sunday. She was a protégé of the late Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes, who also left behind a girl group, TLC, in 2002.
Reed is survived by her 10-year-old son, Tren Brown, with rapper Kurupt.
Raed/learn more at MTV News.
- Porsha Not Pressing Charges Against Cynthia for Stomach Kick
- Venus Williams Graduates from Indiana University
- Chris Bosh’s Baby Mama Reportedly Unable to Afford Bankruptcy Payments
- MTV Says Nicki-Miley Beef 'Unscripted and Real' (Watch it Unedited)
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here