*(Via MTV News) – Natina Reed of late-’90s girl group Blaque was killed early Saturday (October 27) in Atlanta in a hit-and-run accident as she was crossing the street, according to tweets from those close to her, including group member Brandi Williams.
Reed is best known as one-third of the Atlanta-based girl act, who achieved success for their hits “808” and “Bring It All to Me,” which featured ‘NSYNC’s JC Chasez. The rapper also parlayed her musical success into an acting career, starring in the 2000 hit comedy “Bring It On” along with her group members.
Reed would have turned 33 on Sunday. She was a protégé of the late Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes, who also left behind a girl group, TLC, in 2002.
Reed is survived by her 10-year-old son, Tren Brown, with rapper Kurupt.
Raed/learn more at MTV News.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here