*(Via MTV News) – Natina Reed of late-’90s girl group Blaque was killed early Saturday (October 27) in Atlanta in a hit-and-run accident as she was crossing the street, according to tweets from those close to her, including group member Brandi Williams.
Reed is best known as one-third of the Atlanta-based girl act, who achieved success for their hits “808” and “Bring It All to Me,” which featured ‘NSYNC’s JC Chasez. The rapper also parlayed her musical success into an acting career, starring in the 2000 hit comedy “Bring It On” along with her group members.
Reed would have turned 33 on Sunday. She was a protégé of the late Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes, who also left behind a girl group, TLC, in 2002.
Reed is survived by her 10-year-old son, Tren Brown, with rapper Kurupt.
Raed/learn more at MTV News.
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Nappywood’s 3rd L.A. Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo Attracts Stars
- THE (07-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Gilbert Arenas' Deadly Accuracy Gets Him Banned From County Fair
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here