*The world is going to hell in a handbasket, as the elders would say.
These days anything goes and apparently, if there is a list of things that are still sacred, Jesus is not on it.
After 81-year old Cecilia Jimenez of Borja botched the restoration of a centuries-old fresco of Jesus Christ called “ecce homo” (behold the man), a small northeastern Spanish church received a huge spike in tourism to their small town.
According to CBS News, the painting was originally created by a famous Spanish artist named Elias Garcia Martinez, but the new version of that same painting has since been coined “ecce mono” or behold the monkey to represent the distortion of the face painted by Jimenez.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Socialist's Journal: 'Meternity Leave'
- Meet the Black Businessman Giving Ex-Cons, Veterans, and Homeless Support for Success
- THE (05-03-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here