*The world is going to hell in a handbasket, as the elders would say.
These days anything goes and apparently, if there is a list of things that are still sacred, Jesus is not on it.
After 81-year old Cecilia Jimenez of Borja botched the restoration of a centuries-old fresco of Jesus Christ called “ecce homo” (behold the man), a small northeastern Spanish church received a huge spike in tourism to their small town.
According to CBS News, the painting was originally created by a famous Spanish artist named Elias Garcia Martinez, but the new version of that same painting has since been coined “ecce mono” or behold the monkey to represent the distortion of the face painted by Jimenez.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Done Deal: F. Gary Gray Confirmed to Direct ‘Fast & Furious 8’
- Kelly Rowland is the New Face of Seagram’s Escapes
- Temple Board of Trustees Set to Replace Bill Cosby with Tamron Hall
- Rinkins Report: FMU's Black Male College Explorers Program helps decrease achievement gap
- Janet Jackson, Chaka Khan, The J.B.’s Considered for Rock Hall
- Natalie Cole Cancels Fall Tour, Cites 'Medical Procedure'
- Donald Sterling Spotted Cursing Out Girlfriend at LA Restaurant
- Tyler Perry Reveals ‘Future Home of Tyler Perry Studios’ (Pic)
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Offers A YEAR of 'Paid Leave' for New Moms and Dads
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here