*The world is going to hell in a handbasket, as the elders would say.
These days anything goes and apparently, if there is a list of things that are still sacred, Jesus is not on it.
After 81-year old Cecilia Jimenez of Borja botched the restoration of a centuries-old fresco of Jesus Christ called “ecce homo” (behold the man), a small northeastern Spanish church received a huge spike in tourism to their small town.
According to CBS News, the painting was originally created by a famous Spanish artist named Elias Garcia Martinez, but the new version of that same painting has since been coined “ecce mono” or behold the monkey to represent the distortion of the face painted by Jimenez.
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here