*The world is going to hell in a handbasket, as the elders would say.
These days anything goes and apparently, if there is a list of things that are still sacred, Jesus is not on it.
After 81-year old Cecilia Jimenez of Borja botched the restoration of a centuries-old fresco of Jesus Christ called “ecce homo” (behold the man), a small northeastern Spanish church received a huge spike in tourism to their small town.
According to CBS News, the painting was originally created by a famous Spanish artist named Elias Garcia Martinez, but the new version of that same painting has since been coined “ecce mono” or behold the monkey to represent the distortion of the face painted by Jimenez.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here