*The world is going to hell in a handbasket, as the elders would say.
These days anything goes and apparently, if there is a list of things that are still sacred, Jesus is not on it.
After 81-year old Cecilia Jimenez of Borja botched the restoration of a centuries-old fresco of Jesus Christ called “ecce homo” (behold the man), a small northeastern Spanish church received a huge spike in tourism to their small town.
According to CBS News, the painting was originally created by a famous Spanish artist named Elias Garcia Martinez, but the new version of that same painting has since been coined “ecce mono” or behold the monkey to represent the distortion of the face painted by Jimenez.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NBAer Richard Jefferson’s Reckless Spending Caused Loss of Millions: Ex-Manager
- Vivian Green Releases Music Video for 'Grown Folks Music'
- Black Greek Lesbians Hijack Traditions of Omega Psi Phi
- 'The Haves and The Have Nots' Return with a Bang [WATCH]
- 'One More Time' - New CD by Larry Buford
- Huh? Blac Chyna Flies First Class, Rob Kardashian Flies Coach
- Will Downing Drops 1st Full Length CD in Six Years 'Black Pearls'
- NeNe Leakes Blasts Luenell & Kenya Moore During Stand-Up
- Oprah's Convo with T. D. Jakes About Mega Church Series 'Greenleaf' (Photos)
- George Zimmerman Brags About Selling Gun That Killed Trayvon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here