*The world is going to hell in a handbasket, as the elders would say.
These days anything goes and apparently, if there is a list of things that are still sacred, Jesus is not on it.
After 81-year old Cecilia Jimenez of Borja botched the restoration of a centuries-old fresco of Jesus Christ called “ecce homo” (behold the man), a small northeastern Spanish church received a huge spike in tourism to their small town.
According to CBS News, the painting was originally created by a famous Spanish artist named Elias Garcia Martinez, but the new version of that same painting has since been coined “ecce mono” or behold the monkey to represent the distortion of the face painted by Jimenez.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here