*The world is going to hell in a handbasket, as the elders would say.
These days anything goes and apparently, if there is a list of things that are still sacred, Jesus is not on it.
After 81-year old Cecilia Jimenez of Borja botched the restoration of a centuries-old fresco of Jesus Christ called “ecce homo” (behold the man), a small northeastern Spanish church received a huge spike in tourism to their small town.
According to CBS News, the painting was originally created by a famous Spanish artist named Elias Garcia Martinez, but the new version of that same painting has since been coined “ecce mono” or behold the monkey to represent the distortion of the face painted by Jimenez.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Beyonce Backlash, Cam Newton Criticized, Black Panther Party Documentary & More! | BHL's This Week
- The Deya Direct Podcast: What is a Man Whisperer?
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Screen Actors Guild Honors Outstanding Performances at 22nd Annual SAG Awards
- David Cash Reemerges as 'Justdavid'
- ‘Deadpool’ Off the Charts, ‘Single’ Suffers, and ‘Zoolander 2’ is Clueless
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here