*When Black Entertainment Television hit the cable channel line-up, it was the first of its kind, but there was only music videos available.
Then TV One came along and they benefited from BET’s growth by watching what they offered and taking off from there.
Now there’s another African American cable network called Bounce TV that launched Sept. 26, 2011, and it has already garnered 80 percent of African American viewership, according to Baltimore’s Afro American Newspaper.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Lamar Sally: ‘Sherri Shepherd Has Made My Life A Living Hell’
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- 'Wendy's Style Squad' Coming to BET
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here