She once pretended to marry a man as a hoax. But, in a recent interview, she says it’s time for real long-lasting love.
“I felt like I had to be dishonest about that because of the image I was trying to portray at that time,” Brandy admitted to the DJs of Power 105.1’s, “The Breakfast Club.”
Seriously, she and former producer Robert Smith pretended for their ‘reality’ show, “Brandy: Special Delivery,” that they were married. Weird. But she said it was about protecting her image as a good girl, since she conceived her daughter Sy’rai out of wedlock.
Things are different now and she’s a grown woman making grown woman decisions.
“I love that I can be transparent. I can just be honest and be myself. In that time, I didn’t know that, and clearly, whoever was around me didn’t know that,” the singer said.
She’s in love with her boyfriend, Ryan Press, and hopes to jump the broom pretty soon.
“I’m 33. It’s time to be married for real this time,” Brandy professed. “It’s a great thing when you’re in love with someone and you’re connected. You want to share your life with that person.”
Sounds like she’s publicly challenging her man to pop the question sooner than later because they’re not engaged.
If she does get what she wants before long, her dreams for a wedding will begin to manifest, but the public won’t be in on the ceremony.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here