*Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown signed into law Saturday a bill that would ban what is known as “reparative therapy” for minors under the age of 18, says The Christian Post.
The controversial therapy is used to help remove homosexual desires from those seeking to become straight. However, this bill prohibits parents from retaining mental health professionals to assist their own children even if the minor request the therapy.
In late August the California Assembly passed the bill spearheaded by Sen. Ted Lieu and approved by the California Senate earlier in the summer that specifically prohibits anyone under 18 from undergoing sexual orientation change efforts “regardless of the willingness of a patient” or a “patient’s parent.”
Read more at ChristianPost.com.
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here