*Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown signed into law Saturday a bill that would ban what is known as “reparative therapy” for minors under the age of 18, says The Christian Post.
The controversial therapy is used to help remove homosexual desires from those seeking to become straight. However, this bill prohibits parents from retaining mental health professionals to assist their own children even if the minor request the therapy.
In late August the California Assembly passed the bill spearheaded by Sen. Ted Lieu and approved by the California Senate earlier in the summer that specifically prohibits anyone under 18 from undergoing sexual orientation change efforts “regardless of the willingness of a patient” or a “patient’s parent.”
Read more at ChristianPost.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- WATCH Queen Latifah's Hilarious 'Ice Age' Freestyle (EUR Exclusive)
- Rihanna Posts Crotch Video of Her Performance in Glasgow (Watch)
- Chris Brown’s Long Suffering Publicist Quits After He Curses Her Out
- Man 'Pulls Penis Out' to Scan on Self-Service Tray (Yes, He's in Jail)
- Pres. Obama Tries to Name Everyone Who Died on ‘Game of Thrones' - For a Good Cause (Watch)
- Sheila E on Her Prince Tribute for BET and its Emotional Toll
- BET’s Debra Lee on Jesse Williams, D’Angelo’s Absence, Electrocution Concerns for Beyonce, More
- Ludacris to Play Guantanamo Bay on Fourth of July
- Beyoncé's Mama Responds to Those Hating on Bey for Leaving BET Awards
- 2016 BET Awards See Spike in Viewership
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here