*Los Angeles – Assemblyman Mike Davis (D-Los Angeles), Chair of the Select Committee on Rail Transportation presented the final hearing in a three part series at Expo Center, Comrie Hall in Exposition Park.
The hearing examined the plans for rail projects in Los Angeles County. Professor Marlon Boarnet Ph.D research shows that the transportation culture has changed over the years and demands increased rail systems to reduce traffic in metropolitan areas.
“Equal access to transportation dollars for residents of South Los Angeles and increased efforts on regional connectivity remain a significant part of rail transportation challenges today,” revealed Assemblyman Mike Davis.
A large part of the hearing was devoted to the discussion of the importance of connectors to the Los Angeles Airport from the Green Line, Red Line and Metrolink.
The community residents’ comments and questions were targeted at MTA and were focused on the much talked about Crenshaw line with the Leimert station. State Measure R and Measure J provide for the funding necessary to complete these rail projects and is expected to generate 250,000 jobs for county job seekers.
Activist Damien Goodman stated, “I will continue to work with MTA until an underground subway station is constructed in Leimert Park. I feel that MTA should be able to provide an underground station because other communities in Los Angeles have it. The coalition will continue to protect the last African American corridor in the West.”
“I am sure we will be able to achieve our goals by working with communities throughout this county of Los Angeles,” remarked Assemblyman Davis.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- ‘Troubled Loner’ vs. ‘Thugs’: Why the Loaded Language in Crime Stories?
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Donald Trump Is the Master of the Blame Game
- THE (12-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Travel Much? Don't Do These 12 'Offensive' American Things (Watch)
- Ringside Update/ Cotto vs Canelo: A Clash Of The Latin Titans
- Call for Contestants! 'Heel & Toe' Reality Show
- Compton Mayor Aja Brown and Rapper YG Host Community Thanksgiving Dinner [VIDEO]
- DMX Makes Sitcom Debut as Love Expert on ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here