*Los Angeles – Assemblyman Mike Davis (D-Los Angeles), Chair of the Select Committee on Rail Transportation presented the final hearing in a three part series at Expo Center, Comrie Hall in Exposition Park.
The hearing examined the plans for rail projects in Los Angeles County. Professor Marlon Boarnet Ph.D research shows that the transportation culture has changed over the years and demands increased rail systems to reduce traffic in metropolitan areas.
“Equal access to transportation dollars for residents of South Los Angeles and increased efforts on regional connectivity remain a significant part of rail transportation challenges today,” revealed Assemblyman Mike Davis.
A large part of the hearing was devoted to the discussion of the importance of connectors to the Los Angeles Airport from the Green Line, Red Line and Metrolink.
The community residents’ comments and questions were targeted at MTA and were focused on the much talked about Crenshaw line with the Leimert station. State Measure R and Measure J provide for the funding necessary to complete these rail projects and is expected to generate 250,000 jobs for county job seekers.
Activist Damien Goodman stated, “I will continue to work with MTA until an underground subway station is constructed in Leimert Park. I feel that MTA should be able to provide an underground station because other communities in Los Angeles have it. The coalition will continue to protect the last African American corridor in the West.”
“I am sure we will be able to achieve our goals by working with communities throughout this county of Los Angeles,” remarked Assemblyman Davis.
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here