*Los Angeles – Assemblyman Mike Davis (D-Los Angeles), Chair of the Select Committee on Rail Transportation presented the final hearing in a three part series at Expo Center, Comrie Hall in Exposition Park.
The hearing examined the plans for rail projects in Los Angeles County. Professor Marlon Boarnet Ph.D research shows that the transportation culture has changed over the years and demands increased rail systems to reduce traffic in metropolitan areas.
“Equal access to transportation dollars for residents of South Los Angeles and increased efforts on regional connectivity remain a significant part of rail transportation challenges today,” revealed Assemblyman Mike Davis.
A large part of the hearing was devoted to the discussion of the importance of connectors to the Los Angeles Airport from the Green Line, Red Line and Metrolink.
The community residents’ comments and questions were targeted at MTA and were focused on the much talked about Crenshaw line with the Leimert station. State Measure R and Measure J provide for the funding necessary to complete these rail projects and is expected to generate 250,000 jobs for county job seekers.
Activist Damien Goodman stated, “I will continue to work with MTA until an underground subway station is constructed in Leimert Park. I feel that MTA should be able to provide an underground station because other communities in Los Angeles have it. The coalition will continue to protect the last African American corridor in the West.”
“I am sure we will be able to achieve our goals by working with communities throughout this county of Los Angeles,” remarked Assemblyman Davis.
- Director Admits Cutting Roger Goodell Scene in Will Smith’s ‘Concussion’ Film
- Director Ripped for Taylor Swift’s 'Very White Africa' in New Video (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton, Chaka Khan, Kim Zolciak Set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Fox News Anchor Harris Faulkner Sues Hasbro over Toy Hamster
- Porsha Not Pressing Charges Against Cynthia for Stomach Kick
- Venus Williams Graduates from Indiana University
- Chris Bosh’s Baby Mama Reportedly Unable to Afford Bankruptcy Payments
- MTV Says Nicki-Miley Beef 'Unscripted and Real' (Watch it Unedited)
- Cops Enter Wrong House, Kill Dog, Shoot Owner & Fellow Officer (WATCH)
- Black Female Celebs Rule Magazine Covers (At Least for Now)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here