Mitt Romney was a bull dog out there, attempting to take over the whole discussion.
Candy Crowley tried real hard to keep things under control, but nearly failed at keeping her biases out of the equation. Her efforts didn’t go unnoticed, however she did get some criticism.
On Wednesday morning on “The View, ” Barbara Walters asked Crowley if she was being biased.
Republicans expressed outrage when at one point during the debate Crowley interjected, correcting Mitt Romney’s comment about when the president called the Libya attack an act of terrorism.
The mediator defended herself and said she did turn the conversation back over to the Republican candidate to move it along.
“People are going to look at this through the prism that they’re going to look at it through,” she said. “I get that. I totally understand. It didn’t come to me as, ‘I’m going to fact-check this.’ It came to me as, ‘Can we get past this?'”
The ladies asked if Candy was too pushy during the debate.
“I love the term pushy,” Crowley replied. “I didn’t think I was too pushy. I think I was trying to get – Look, I was kind of the advocate for the 80 people sitting up here. I was trying to get their question answered, which required me to say, ‘I don’t know why we’re talking about Chinese currency because I thought it was about assault weapons.’ And to try to get in as many as I could.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Erica Campbell: 'I Didn't Takeover' Yolanda Adams' Radio Slot [EUR Exclusive]
- Mike Epps Shows it's Never Too Late: Graduates High School at 45
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton Declares May 23rd ‘Beyonce Day’, Then Lightning Strikes
- Serena Williams Pulls Off Series of Mind-Blowing Tennis Trick Shots (Watch)
- Researchers: NFL and 'Police Academy' Star Bubba Smith Had CTE When He Died
- Paris Jackson Inks Dad’s ‘Dangerous’ Album Cover on her Arm
- NBA Taps ‘Champion’ From The Roots as 2016 Finals Theme Song (Listen)
- Wow! 67-Year-Old Former Harlem Drug Dealer Graduates from Columbia (Watch)!
- Carmen Electra on Prince’s Death: ‘I Just Hope People Understand What Pain Is’ (Watch)
- VH1’s ‘Hip Hop Honors’ Returning to Salute the Ladies
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here