*When Baby Williams announced the then eminent launch of Cash Money Content there were more than a few industry eggheads that scoffed at the very idea of the man behind the careers of Juvenile, Drake and Lil’ Wayne having any success in the publishing industry.
After all, these very same eggheads have the traditional publishing industry on life support as I type, and while I’m not certain whether this very outlet ever cast jovial dispersion at the CMC venture I wouldn’t be surprised if we did so numerous times.
Now, after being in business for a little under a year, Cash Money Content has a stable of authors with a well-earned reputations for furnishing gritty street tales. The roster is litered with authors who have been recognized as Essence or New York Times bestselling authors.
Whose laughing now, huh? Recently I had the chance to sit down with Harlem’s own K’Wan, recognized as an Essence bestselling author with 3 of his prior works.
In this videotaped interview the CMC author and I discuss how he became an author, facing common misconceptions as an author of urban-lore, his new book titled “Animal” and much more.
Check it out below!
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR Exclusive First Look Clip: Robert Townsend's 'Playin' for Love'
- For the Brothas: Nadkins ... Wet Naps For Your ... You Know
- Zendaya on Her Fears, the 'New Cool' and Obsessive Photoshopping
- Civil Rights Leaders Call for 'Lunch Out' of Pre Oscar Ceremony Luncheon
- James Franco to Direct ‘Zola Tells All’ Based on Stripper Twitter Saga
- James Brown Previews Super Bowl Pregame Show: 'It's Only 4 Hrs As Opposed to 7'
- Jill Scott Wins Big at 47th Annual NAACP Image Awards
- Kim & Kanye Fought Over Wiz Khalifa Rant and Wendy Williams Dis?
- 47th NAACP Image Awards Announces Winners of Non-Televised Categories
- Filmmakers Say 'Kung Fu Panda 3' is 'Perfect Premise For Creating Comedy' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here