*NEW ORLEANS — Black Health TV announces the launch of Blackhealthtv.com, a groundbreaking, online video and social media website focused on the health issues of African-American consumers and physicians.
Co-founded by Dr. Corey Hebert (pictured), the award-winning medical journalist and frequent contributor to the Dr. Oz. Show, Black Health TV plans to establish its website as a global brand amongst people of African descent.
As the Internet and television continue to merge and connected TVs slowly move into consumers’ living rooms, Black Health TV is there. Black Health TV is the first health media company to explore new technologies in order to connect with African-American viewers online to watch the latest health topics that matter most including: diabetes, cancer, women’s health, kids’ health and more.
“I’m so proud to be at the helm of Black Health TV. We offer the African-American community, for the first time ever, culturally relevant on demand health information,” said Dr. Corey Hebert, CEO of Black Health TV.
According to the U.S. Office of Minority Health, African Americans have the highest mortality rate of any racial and ethnic group in several major disease categories from stroke to infant mortality, heart disease, diabetes, cancer and HIV/AIDS. Moreover, according to previous research reports from Pew Internet & American Life Project, as a percent of Internet users within each demographic group, African-Americans search for health insurance, fitness and how to lose or control their weight more than other groups. African-Americans also download more health applications or “apps” on their phones to help them track or manage their health more than any other group and are the second most active users of the mobile Internet including involvement in activities such as creating or posting individual or group blogs, listening to podcasts, downloading or streaming online video.
Black Health TV is setting out to change how African Americans receive their health information having formed content relationships with Morehouse Medical School, Harvard Health Publications (a division of Harvard Medical School), American Council on Exercise and a host of other prestigious health information providers. Blackhealthtv.com provides a consumer-focused interactive health and wellness website that delivers integrated and dynamic health information and videos on a wide variety of subjects. The website will also offer areas for interactive support communities, health and wellness tools, and answers to frequently asked medical questions.
For more information visit: www.blackhealthtv.com
ABOUT BLACK HEALTH TV
Black Health TV is the largest provider of health video on the Internet geared toward African-American consumers. Black Health TV contains a broad portfolio of service offerings that span the health spectrum, from in-depth medical content for condition prevention and management to fitness and cooking videos to recommendations for achieving a healthy lifestyle. Black Health TV is based in New Orleans and is led by CEO, Corey Hebert, M.D.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Keke Palmer Said to be Replacing Tamar Braxton on 'The Real?' (Report)
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Activist PFK Boom Demands Pastor Jamal Bryant 'Get the F*ck Out' of Baltimore (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey Ready for ‘Greenleaf’ Backlash; Warns T.D. Jakes of Possible Comparisons
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here