*Whitney Houston’s mother Cissy Houston fears she has little influence over the late superstar’s daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown because she never got the chance to spend quality time with her grandchild as she was growing up.
“When you have a teenager who’s 19-years-old, who loses her mother and really don’t feel like she has to listen… you can’t make anybody do anything,” said Cissy this morning on The View, appearing with her son Gary Houston and daughter-in-law Pat. “You try to suggest and you try to guide her and all that kinda business and that’s exactly what we’re trying to do, trying to guide her into a life that’s going to make her better…
“A lot of times (I think) I might make a bigger difference, maybe, but I’ve never been around her that much because she was always on the road with her mom.”
As a precaution, the executors of Whitney Houston’s estate (her mother and sister-in-law Marion Houston) – recently filed a legal petition to restructure inheritance payments to Bobbi Kristina in a bid to protect her fortune.
The drama with Bobbi Kristina will be seen on the Lifetime reality series “The Houstons: On Our Own,” premiering Oct. 24 at 9 p.m.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Obama’s Favorites: Kendrick Lamar, Janelle Monae Set for July 4 Event at White House
- Cops Help Toss Chris Brown From Ibiza Rental Trashed With Urine and Vomit
- Alice Walker Writes Poem Inspired by Jesse Williams’ BET Awards Speech
- WATCH: Celebs Talk Summer Anthems at the 2016 BET Awards
- Opinion: Kanye West Not Worth a Billion dollars from Adidas Deal (WATCH)
- Future Talks Album Flop, Ciara's Lawsuit & Russell Wilson
- Woman’s Viral National Anthem Leads to National TV Singing Debut on ‘GMA’ (Watch)
- Mike Tirico Says Goodbye to ESPN after 25 Years (Watch Full Remarks)
- Vic Mensa Suggests Justin Timberlake ‘Support Black People When It’s More Difficult’ (Watch)
- Apple in Talks to Acquire Jay Z’s Streaming Service Tidal
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here