*Whitney Houston’s mother Cissy Houston fears she has little influence over the late superstar’s daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown because she never got the chance to spend quality time with her grandchild as she was growing up.
“When you have a teenager who’s 19-years-old, who loses her mother and really don’t feel like she has to listen… you can’t make anybody do anything,” said Cissy this morning on The View, appearing with her son Gary Houston and daughter-in-law Pat. “You try to suggest and you try to guide her and all that kinda business and that’s exactly what we’re trying to do, trying to guide her into a life that’s going to make her better…
“A lot of times (I think) I might make a bigger difference, maybe, but I’ve never been around her that much because she was always on the road with her mom.”
As a precaution, the executors of Whitney Houston’s estate (her mother and sister-in-law Marion Houston) – recently filed a legal petition to restructure inheritance payments to Bobbi Kristina in a bid to protect her fortune.
The drama with Bobbi Kristina will be seen on the Lifetime reality series “The Houstons: On Our Own,” premiering Oct. 24 at 9 p.m.
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here