*Whitney Houston’s mother Cissy Houston fears she has little influence over the late superstar’s daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown because she never got the chance to spend quality time with her grandchild as she was growing up.
“When you have a teenager who’s 19-years-old, who loses her mother and really don’t feel like she has to listen… you can’t make anybody do anything,” said Cissy this morning on The View, appearing with her son Gary Houston and daughter-in-law Pat. “You try to suggest and you try to guide her and all that kinda business and that’s exactly what we’re trying to do, trying to guide her into a life that’s going to make her better…
“A lot of times (I think) I might make a bigger difference, maybe, but I’ve never been around her that much because she was always on the road with her mom.”
As a precaution, the executors of Whitney Houston’s estate (her mother and sister-in-law Marion Houston) – recently filed a legal petition to restructure inheritance payments to Bobbi Kristina in a bid to protect her fortune.
The drama with Bobbi Kristina will be seen on the Lifetime reality series “The Houstons: On Our Own,” premiering Oct. 24 at 9 p.m.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ringside Update/Ortiz vs Berto II The Second Chapter
- Johnny Gill Says New Album to Accompany New Edition Biopic
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here