“Gangnam” is a district of Seoul, South Korea, says AJC.com. PSY is a South Korean rapper/video star — think of a cross of MC Hammer with Pee Wee Herman — from the Gangnam district. “Gangnam Style” is PSY’s worldwide viral dance video hit, viewed more than 500 million times on Youtube so far. (Original here.)
With that as background, here’s a video put together by the Asian American Legal Advocacy Center here in Atlanta, urging people to register and vote. You may recognize some of the settings — the state Capitol, the MLK silhouette on Freedom Parkway. You may also recognize the older voting-rights champion who gamely dances Gangnam-style to get his message across.
Check out the awkward video here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Senator Oscar Braynon Presents 4th Choice Challenge
- THE (05-06-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ralph Fiennes and Tilda Swinton Are Tortured Souls in 'A Bigger Splash'
- Ashanti Produces New Film ('Mothers and Daughters') with Superstar Cast (Watch)
- Birdman on 'Respek' Trending & Confronting The Breakfast Club
- Report Says Percocet Found in Prince's System
- Rappers Arrested for Credit Card Fraud after Rapping about Crimes in Songs
- L. A. City Hall Salutes 'Prince' on Friday, May 6, (Open to Public FREE)
- Alicia Keys Drops New Single - Ellen's $10,000 Gift to Dance Crew (WATCH)
- Prince’s ‘Kiss’ Performed Randomly on Subway Just Days Before He Died (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here