“Gangnam” is a district of Seoul, South Korea, says AJC.com. PSY is a South Korean rapper/video star — think of a cross of MC Hammer with Pee Wee Herman — from the Gangnam district. “Gangnam Style” is PSY’s worldwide viral dance video hit, viewed more than 500 million times on Youtube so far. (Original here.)
With that as background, here’s a video put together by the Asian American Legal Advocacy Center here in Atlanta, urging people to register and vote. You may recognize some of the settings — the state Capitol, the MLK silhouette on Freedom Parkway. You may also recognize the older voting-rights champion who gamely dances Gangnam-style to get his message across.
Check out the awkward video here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Woman Arrested Outside Usher’s Studio Defying Restraining Order
- Jason Derulo Splits with 50 Cent’s Baby Mama Daphne Joy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here