“Gangnam” is a district of Seoul, South Korea, says AJC.com. PSY is a South Korean rapper/video star — think of a cross of MC Hammer with Pee Wee Herman — from the Gangnam district. “Gangnam Style” is PSY’s worldwide viral dance video hit, viewed more than 500 million times on Youtube so far. (Original here.)
With that as background, here’s a video put together by the Asian American Legal Advocacy Center here in Atlanta, urging people to register and vote. You may recognize some of the settings — the state Capitol, the MLK silhouette on Freedom Parkway. You may also recognize the older voting-rights champion who gamely dances Gangnam-style to get his message across.
Check out the awkward video here.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here