*On the day of President Obama’s second debate and three weeks before the election, Lionsgate has released “2016: Obama’s America,” the documentary based on conservative filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza’s book “The Roots of Obama’s Rage.”
The film, first released in a single theater on July 13, went on to become the second-most-successful political documentary in American box office history. Its DVD release arrives today – one day after the film is contractually obligated to be in theaters.
“We are excited about the DVD reaching a whole group of people across the political spectrum not inclined to see the film in theaters,” said D’Souza.
The film’s producers are allowing nonprofit groups, such as churches, to screen the movie for audiences.
“2016” has made more than $33 million at the box office. Michael Moore’s “Fahrenheit 9/11” is the top-grossing political documentary of all time with $119 million.
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Nicole Murphy Addresses Nick Cannon Dating Rumors
- Cedric the Entertainer Hosts 3rd Annual Celebrity Golf Classic [Photos]
- Lorenzo Brown, Husband of Sister-2-Sister Publisher Jamie Brown, Dies of Cancer
- (The Black Hat) Serena Williams is a Winner, Not a Cover Girl
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Michael Jackson on His Birthday
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here