*On the day of President Obama’s second debate and three weeks before the election, Lionsgate has released “2016: Obama’s America,” the documentary based on conservative filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza’s book “The Roots of Obama’s Rage.”
The film, first released in a single theater on July 13, went on to become the second-most-successful political documentary in American box office history. Its DVD release arrives today – one day after the film is contractually obligated to be in theaters.
“We are excited about the DVD reaching a whole group of people across the political spectrum not inclined to see the film in theaters,” said D’Souza.
The film’s producers are allowing nonprofit groups, such as churches, to screen the movie for audiences.
“2016” has made more than $33 million at the box office. Michael Moore’s “Fahrenheit 9/11” is the top-grossing political documentary of all time with $119 million.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Prince Entered Treatment Program for Hip Pain & Medication Use
- Kehoe Brothers to Direct R-rated Action-comedy for Tyler Perry
- WATCH President Obama Crack on Trump, Bernie and More at WHCD
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here