*On the day of President Obama’s second debate and three weeks before the election, Lionsgate has released “2016: Obama’s America,” the documentary based on conservative filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza’s book “The Roots of Obama’s Rage.”
The film, first released in a single theater on July 13, went on to become the second-most-successful political documentary in American box office history. Its DVD release arrives today – one day after the film is contractually obligated to be in theaters.
“We are excited about the DVD reaching a whole group of people across the political spectrum not inclined to see the film in theaters,” said D’Souza.
The film’s producers are allowing nonprofit groups, such as churches, to screen the movie for audiences.
“2016” has made more than $33 million at the box office. Michael Moore’s “Fahrenheit 9/11” is the top-grossing political documentary of all time with $119 million.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Serena Williams is Half-Naked in 2016 Pirelli Calendar (Pics)
- Miami Jury Now Holds Fate of 'Facebook Killer' In Their Hands! (Disturbing Photo)
- What Does Future Require In His Concert Dressing Rooms?
- Female Characters in ‘The Wiz Live!’ Rewritten to be More Empowered
- John Hairston's Gospel Internet Radio Station Hits the Airwaves in January
- He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Keyshia Cole Casually Mentions She’s ‘Engaged’, and Not to Birdman
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here