*On the day of President Obama’s second debate and three weeks before the election, Lionsgate has released “2016: Obama’s America,” the documentary based on conservative filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza’s book “The Roots of Obama’s Rage.”
The film, first released in a single theater on July 13, went on to become the second-most-successful political documentary in American box office history. Its DVD release arrives today – one day after the film is contractually obligated to be in theaters.
“We are excited about the DVD reaching a whole group of people across the political spectrum not inclined to see the film in theaters,” said D’Souza.
The film’s producers are allowing nonprofit groups, such as churches, to screen the movie for audiences.
“2016” has made more than $33 million at the box office. Michael Moore’s “Fahrenheit 9/11” is the top-grossing political documentary of all time with $119 million.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- 'Ed Gordon': Bounce TV's First-Ever Primetime News Magazine Show to Debut Sept. 13
- Songs in the Key of Stevie Wonder and Imhotep Gary Byrd: Celebrating 50 Years of Friendship (EUR Exclusive)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here