*On the day of President Obama’s second debate and three weeks before the election, Lionsgate has released “2016: Obama’s America,” the documentary based on conservative filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza’s book “The Roots of Obama’s Rage.”
The film, first released in a single theater on July 13, went on to become the second-most-successful political documentary in American box office history. Its DVD release arrives today – one day after the film is contractually obligated to be in theaters.
“We are excited about the DVD reaching a whole group of people across the political spectrum not inclined to see the film in theaters,” said D’Souza.
The film’s producers are allowing nonprofit groups, such as churches, to screen the movie for audiences.
“2016” has made more than $33 million at the box office. Michael Moore’s “Fahrenheit 9/11” is the top-grossing political documentary of all time with $119 million.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Minor League Baseball Team to Honor Prince in Special 'Purple Game, Purple Game'
- Taraji P. Henson Among Honorees at Women in Film’s Crystal + Lucy Awards
- Dwayne Johnson to Play Action Hero Lead in ‘Doc Savage’
- Pres. Obama Edited to Sing Rihanna’s ‘Work’ (Watch)
- Rapper Troy Ave Pleads Not Guilty in T.I. Concert Shooting
- Jack Hanna Agrees '1,000 Percent' with Killing of Gorilla Harambe (Watch)
- Prince Sets Billboard 200 Record More Than a Month After Death
- Damon Dash’s Son "Boogie" Arrested for DUI
- The Socialist's Journal/ The Prodigy: Esther Okade Taking College Courses at 11?!
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): PRINCE IN CINEMA - Remembered by the AAFCA
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here