*Rapper/Actor David Banner is set to star in Lee Daniel’s latest production, “The Butler,” also starring Forrest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey, Robin Williams, Terrance Howard, Vanessa Redgrave, and Jane Fonda.
It’s based on the true story of Eugene Allen (Forrest Whitaker); who served as a butler in the White House from 1952 to 1986.
Banner is to play Earl Gains, the butler’s father. Mariah Carey will play his wife.
“I’m really excited to be a part of this movie. The cast is absolutely astonishing and working with Mariah has been great. Lee Daniels is so amazing to work with and I thank him for choosing me for this role,” Banner said. “This movie reminds us of what our ancestors have endured for us to have certain liberties which we have today. This movie is groundbreaking.”
While the film is yet to debut, Banner has got other films up his sleeve, including “7500” and “They Die by Dawn.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Deion Sanders Hit With $1M Lawsuit Over Assault at Son's School
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- The Africa Channel Launches Ubuntu Awards
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here