*Rapper/Actor David Banner is set to star in Lee Daniel’s latest production, “The Butler,” also starring Forrest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey, Robin Williams, Terrance Howard, Vanessa Redgrave, and Jane Fonda.
It’s based on the true story of Eugene Allen (Forrest Whitaker); who served as a butler in the White House from 1952 to 1986.
Banner is to play Earl Gains, the butler’s father. Mariah Carey will play his wife.
“I’m really excited to be a part of this movie. The cast is absolutely astonishing and working with Mariah has been great. Lee Daniels is so amazing to work with and I thank him for choosing me for this role,” Banner said. “This movie reminds us of what our ancestors have endured for us to have certain liberties which we have today. This movie is groundbreaking.”
While the film is yet to debut, Banner has got other films up his sleeve, including “7500” and “They Die by Dawn.”
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here