*Rapper/Actor David Banner is set to star in Lee Daniel’s latest production, “The Butler,” also starring Forrest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey, Robin Williams, Terrance Howard, Vanessa Redgrave, and Jane Fonda.
It’s based on the true story of Eugene Allen (Forrest Whitaker); who served as a butler in the White House from 1952 to 1986.
Banner is to play Earl Gains, the butler’s father. Mariah Carey will play his wife.
“I’m really excited to be a part of this movie. The cast is absolutely astonishing and working with Mariah has been great. Lee Daniels is so amazing to work with and I thank him for choosing me for this role,” Banner said. “This movie reminds us of what our ancestors have endured for us to have certain liberties which we have today. This movie is groundbreaking.”
While the film is yet to debut, Banner has got other films up his sleeve, including “7500” and “They Die by Dawn.”
- Cynthia Bailey Could Be Demoted on 'Housewives' for Kicking Porsha
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here