*Rapper/Actor David Banner is set to star in Lee Daniel’s latest production, “The Butler,” also starring Forrest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey, Robin Williams, Terrance Howard, Vanessa Redgrave, and Jane Fonda.
It’s based on the true story of Eugene Allen (Forrest Whitaker); who served as a butler in the White House from 1952 to 1986.
Banner is to play Earl Gains, the butler’s father. Mariah Carey will play his wife.
“I’m really excited to be a part of this movie. The cast is absolutely astonishing and working with Mariah has been great. Lee Daniels is so amazing to work with and I thank him for choosing me for this role,” Banner said. “This movie reminds us of what our ancestors have endured for us to have certain liberties which we have today. This movie is groundbreaking.”
While the film is yet to debut, Banner has got other films up his sleeve, including “7500” and “They Die by Dawn.”
- THE (07-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- LAPD on #100days100nights: 'Things Have Calmed Down'
- Tami Roman Reveals Health Issues Causing Pregnancy Woes
- Jay Pharoah Talks About His Battle with Depression (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey’s OWN Adds Megachurch Drama Series 'Greenleaf'
- Russell Simmons Signs New First-Look Deal with HBO, Sets Def Comedy Jam Anniversary Special
- Rinkins Report: Author Offers Recipe for Leadership Success
- Raynetta Turner: Mother of Eight is Latest Victim in String of Black Female Jail Cell Deaths
- HBO to Air Documentary About Jordan Davis, Teen Killed Over Loud Music
- Utah Considers Changing Name of Negro Bill Canyon
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here