That’s because they think he is showing a bit too much of himself to the diverse world of TV sports.
During an interesting session of ESPN’s “First Take” Thursday morning, the commentator was chatting about Kobe Bryant’s foot injury, scoffing at the fact the repeat world champion basketball player would sit out on the season opener due to his physical ailment.
Then he let loose the “n” word.
“Opening night. Kobe Bryant is going to miss it because, ‘my foot is sprained?’ Are you crazy, nigga please,” Smith said.
At least that’s what it sounds like. You’ll have to check the video clip (below) for yourself.
But it seems the rest of online media has been at odds about what he said… or could have said.
The Big Lead suggests he may have said the inappropriate word, while BuzzFeed says it definitely came out of his mouth.
This isn’t the first time he said something off the wall like this. In fact, he may have uttered the dreaded word last year in December, live on ESPN.
When that incident happened, Smith took to Twitter to deny it. This time, he went on ESPN itself for hie denial. Watch:
Below is the video of Stephen A. Smith supposedly saying “nigga please.” Do you think that is what he said?
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here