That’s because they think he is showing a bit too much of himself to the diverse world of TV sports.
During an interesting session of ESPN’s “First Take” Thursday morning, the commentator was chatting about Kobe Bryant’s foot injury, scoffing at the fact the repeat world champion basketball player would sit out on the season opener due to his physical ailment.
Then he let loose the “n” word.
“Opening night. Kobe Bryant is going to miss it because, ‘my foot is sprained?’ Are you crazy, nigga please,” Smith said.
At least that’s what it sounds like. You’ll have to check the video clip (below) for yourself.
But it seems the rest of online media has been at odds about what he said… or could have said.
The Big Lead suggests he may have said the inappropriate word, while BuzzFeed says it definitely came out of his mouth.
This isn’t the first time he said something off the wall like this. In fact, he may have uttered the dreaded word last year in December, live on ESPN.
When that incident happened, Smith took to Twitter to deny it. This time, he went on ESPN itself for hie denial. Watch:
Below is the video of Stephen A. Smith supposedly saying “nigga please.” Do you think that is what he said?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Barbershop 3' Trailer Mixes Beauty, Comedy and Gang Violence [WATCH]
- Video of Chicago Police Officer Shooting Laquan McDonald Released (WATCH)
- (Video) WATCH: New 'Zootopia' Trailer
- Patti LaBelle Wants to Work with Fetty Wap, Talks Pie Success [WATCH]
- ‘Empire’: Alicia Keys Storyline to Explore Biracial Issues (Watch)
- Erased Burger King Footage in Laquan McDonald Shooting Tested for ‘Tampering’
- Videos Show Armed White Men Threatening #BlackLivesMatter Minneapolis Activists (Watch)
- Arthur Ashe Items From Private Collector Headed to Auction
- Serena Williams Devastated Over Death of Dog Jackie (Video)
- Patti LaBelle Invites James Wright Chanel to Thanksgiving Dinner; Admits Video Increased Sales
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here