That’s because they think he is showing a bit too much of himself to the diverse world of TV sports.
During an interesting session of ESPN’s “First Take” Thursday morning, the commentator was chatting about Kobe Bryant’s foot injury, scoffing at the fact the repeat world champion basketball player would sit out on the season opener due to his physical ailment.
Then he let loose the “n” word.
“Opening night. Kobe Bryant is going to miss it because, ‘my foot is sprained?’ Are you crazy, nigga please,” Smith said.
At least that’s what it sounds like. You’ll have to check the video clip (below) for yourself.
But it seems the rest of online media has been at odds about what he said… or could have said.
The Big Lead suggests he may have said the inappropriate word, while BuzzFeed says it definitely came out of his mouth.
This isn’t the first time he said something off the wall like this. In fact, he may have uttered the dreaded word last year in December, live on ESPN.
When that incident happened, Smith took to Twitter to deny it. This time, he went on ESPN itself for hie denial. Watch:
Below is the video of Stephen A. Smith supposedly saying “nigga please.” Do you think that is what he said?
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oh God: Johnny Depp Nails 'The Donald' in Funny or Die Video (Look!)
- Will Smith Calls Son Jayden 'Fearless' for Rockin' Women's Clothes
- Lakatriona Brunson: Florida’s First Female Head Football Coach
- Justice Dept. Sues City of Ferguson Over Pattern of Police Abuse
- Ruben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino Return to 'American Idol' This Week
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here