*Sean “Diddy” Combs was honored by Rev. Al Sharpton’s civil rights organization this week.
The rap star was handed a prize at the National Action Network’s (NAN) third annual Triumph Awards at the Lincoln Center in Manhattan, and Diddy used his acceptance speech to pay homage to Sharpton, who founded the organization in 1991.
“When you get a chance to get honored with an award, especially an award of this magnitude, it truly makes you reflect,” Combs told the crowd. “When you get an award of this magnitude by such a prestigious organization you ask yourself, ‘Are you truly worthy of this award?’ And for me… I had to honestly look at those (who) have come before me and the responsibility that they’ve taken on… spawning me and a generation of young people like me to just feel like the things we were able to do…
“Like Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Quincy Jones, Clarence Avon and Rev. Al Sharpton, who I think deserves a special round of applause, not only for what he’s done in the community but for the way he’s wearing that suit tonight.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Stranger Defends Teen Harassed for Selling Candy Outside Target (Watch)
- Chris Brown Responds to Recent Exits from ‘People Claiming to Be My Team’
- Shirley Caesar Receives Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame (Watch Full Ceremony)
- Tyrese Gibson Back as Robert Epps for ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’
- Nate Parker to Receive Sundance Institute’s Vanguard Award
- Idris Elba, Freida Pinto Set for John Ridley’s Showtime Miniseries ‘Guerrilla’
- Serena Williams Advances to Second Round at Wimbledon
- Hot Rumor: The Entire ‘L&HH: Atlanta’ Cast Has Been Fired!
- WATCH Queen Latifah's Hilarious 'Ice Age' Freestyle (EUR Exclusive)
- Rihanna Posts Crotch Video of Her Performance in Glasgow (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here