*Sean “Diddy” Combs was honored by Rev. Al Sharpton’s civil rights organization this week.
The rap star was handed a prize at the National Action Network’s (NAN) third annual Triumph Awards at the Lincoln Center in Manhattan, and Diddy used his acceptance speech to pay homage to Sharpton, who founded the organization in 1991.
“When you get a chance to get honored with an award, especially an award of this magnitude, it truly makes you reflect,” Combs told the crowd. “When you get an award of this magnitude by such a prestigious organization you ask yourself, ‘Are you truly worthy of this award?’ And for me… I had to honestly look at those (who) have come before me and the responsibility that they’ve taken on… spawning me and a generation of young people like me to just feel like the things we were able to do…
“Like Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Quincy Jones, Clarence Avon and Rev. Al Sharpton, who I think deserves a special round of applause, not only for what he’s done in the community but for the way he’s wearing that suit tonight.”
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- REPORT: Congressman Chaka Fattah (Dem/PA) Indicted in Racketeering Case
- Ohio Cop Ray Tensing Indicted for Murder of Samuel DuBose (Video of Shooting)
- Nick Gordon Eyed for Prosecution; Spotted Wearing Bobbi Kristina’s Ring
- Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral to be Private
- Whoopi Defends Elisabeth Hasselbeck Against Racism Claims: 'She Never Asked Me to Pick Cotton' (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here