*Her voice can be heard on such timeless hits as “Walk On By,” “I Say A Little Prayer For You,” “Anyone Who Had A Heart,” “Do You Know The Way To San Jose,” and many, many others. Dionne Warwick – who started out singing Gospel, and as a background singer for stars like Sam Cooke, Dinah Washington and Brook Benton – got the attention of composer Burt Bacharach, and the rest is history.
Now as she and her family are still adjusting to the death of her cousin Whitney Houston, Warwick is set to embark on a world tour to commemorate her 50 years in show business. She is featured on the cover of the October issue of Life After 50 magazine, and her new album titled “Now” is scheduled for release October 22nd.
Following is an excerpt from an insightful article on Dionne Warwick by David Laurell:
For five-time Grammy Award-winning legend Dionne Warwick, 2012 will always be remembered with bittersweet ambivalence. The bitterness began less than six weeks into the year when she suffered the devastating loss of her cousin, Whitney Houston, followed by the April passing of her longtime dear friend, Dick Clark and the September death of a man who played a crucial role in her successful career – lyricist Hal David. The sweetness, that has run as an underlying thread through the year, even during those difficult losses, came from the outpouring of love and support she has received from fans in every corner of the world as she celebrates her 50th anniversary in show business.
See the full story in the entertainment section at www.lifeafter50.com.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- First Look: Cynthia Bailey's New Luxury Luggage Line 'CARGO by Cynthia Bailey'
- Whitney Houston Estate in Court Fighting $11 Million Tax Bill
- 107-Year-Old Trades Dance Partner Pres. Obama for Dusty Baker (Watch)
- Police Test Bullets in T.I. Club Shooting to Determine Number of Guns Used
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins Issa Rae’s HBO Comedy ‘Insecure’
- Mariah Carey Checks Lee Daniels AND Wendy Williams for Saying She’s ‘Too Fragile’ (Watch)
- Tamar Braxton Reacts to ‘The Real’ Firing on Next ‘Braxton Family Values’ (Teaser)
- Activist PFK Boom Demands Pastor Jamal Bryant 'Get the F*ck Out' of Baltimore (WATCH)
- Oprah Winfrey Ready for ‘Greenleaf’ Backlash; Warns T.D. Jakes of Possible Comparisons
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Lawyers in Jerry Heller Case Want Judge to Watch Entire Film for Context
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here