*Her voice can be heard on such timeless hits as “Walk On By,” “I Say A Little Prayer For You,” “Anyone Who Had A Heart,” “Do You Know The Way To San Jose,” and many, many others. Dionne Warwick – who started out singing Gospel, and as a background singer for stars like Sam Cooke, Dinah Washington and Brook Benton – got the attention of composer Burt Bacharach, and the rest is history.
Now as she and her family are still adjusting to the death of her cousin Whitney Houston, Warwick is set to embark on a world tour to commemorate her 50 years in show business. She is featured on the cover of the October issue of Life After 50 magazine, and her new album titled “Now” is scheduled for release October 22nd.
Following is an excerpt from an insightful article on Dionne Warwick by David Laurell:
For five-time Grammy Award-winning legend Dionne Warwick, 2012 will always be remembered with bittersweet ambivalence. The bitterness began less than six weeks into the year when she suffered the devastating loss of her cousin, Whitney Houston, followed by the April passing of her longtime dear friend, Dick Clark and the September death of a man who played a crucial role in her successful career – lyricist Hal David. The sweetness, that has run as an underlying thread through the year, even during those difficult losses, came from the outpouring of love and support she has received from fans in every corner of the world as she celebrates her 50th anniversary in show business.
See the full story in the entertainment section at www.lifeafter50.com.
- Hulk Hogan Wonders Why Obama Can Use N-Word and Not Him in Retweet
- Joe Jackson Alert, Feeling Good After Stroke, Heart Attacks
- Stan Sheppard: 'Why Do A&R Directors Positions Still Exist?'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: It's Time for Black Leadership to Make Sense
- Aretha Franklin, Nina Simone and Others Portrayed in 'A Night With Janis Joplin'
- The Socialist's Journal: Derek Luke
- Bobby Brown Speaks On Bobbi Kristina’s Death
- Nappywood’s 3rd L.A. Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo Attracts Stars
- THE (07-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- NYC Principal Commits Suicide After Found Cheating on Common Core Test, DOE Releases Statement (Video)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here